FitBit Activities

Options
So I have had my fitbit for almost a month now. I was wondering what you are suppose to do with the fit bit other than steps? I do not really track ANY other activity I do because I figured that the fit bit would discover how many extra calories I burn in a day. Is that not correct? Should I be logging my other activities done throughout the day? Like dancing for a certain time, shopping at the store, cleaning around the house? I use to do that with MFP but I didn't have a fit bit at the time, so I have stopped logging my activities.

What is the best way for me to use my fit bit?

Replies

• bobbiebearden
    Options
    Do you have it linked to MFP? If so, you can log activities through MFP, and put in the amount of time spent, and time started. Once you do that, MFP will adjust your fitbit calories, and everything will net out at the end of the day. Some activities don't register through the fitbit (ie, bicycling) so it's important to continue logging your activities! Hope that helps :)
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yup it's linked. I just haven't been logging any activities, because I thought the fit bit would get them. But if I dance around a room for 10 minutes and refresh I don't get any calories lost not even one!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Any activities invving steps should log automatically. Things like weight training will need to be logged. It seems its better to log on the fitbit site rather than MFP to avoid synching problems. What is your MFP activity level set for? Maybe the dancing is already included in your activity. Put it on sedenterary and see what happens.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am currently on sedentary and before fit bit I logged a lot of my activities, now I've stopped because I thought the fit bit would pick up everything
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is great for every day activities like walking and general household stuff
    But for activities that are more intense running, dancing,aerobics and activity with few steps like weight lifting
    Then it's best to add them manually