Ahhh help help help.

2»

Replies

• If he wanted to be with you at any time whatsoever, he wouldn't want to break up with you NOW. it's clear as day to me. he doesn't want to be with you, period, regardless of why. :( definitely start moving on asap! sorry this happened.
    IMHO, someone was looking for an out and used this as a crutch

Precisely.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    "Neither of us wanted to break up"

Apparently, one of you wants to break up.

this.

he's the one pushing for the breakup. it's highly likely he's got his eye on somebody else.
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Its probably nothing to do with you. A rambling man most likely wants to smell other roses before he settles down to one. In fact he will probably never will settle down, but will leave a trail of broken hearts wondering what happened to such wonderful love. I'm sorry sweetheart. I had some boyfriends like that and it scarred my soul bad for a while. I decided to trust God and then wait until someone married me before giving up the goods. The buzzards who weren't serious about true love, quickly moved on to easier feeding grounds. That always narrows it down to the best and the brightest. Above all else DO NOT LET THIS MAN TOUCH YOU AGAIN. I have seen too many girls get pregnant thinking it would sweeten the pot. But the poor baby came into hell on earth. If daddy doesn't run off anyway...he comes to hate momma for trapping him. This hurts her so bad that she eats and eats and eats herself into 200, then 300, then 400 Lbs. Please, honey, you do not need a man to be whole. You will be a wise woman if you do not try to cling to this rascal.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    "Neither of us wanted to break up"

Apparently, one of you wants to break up.

This. I think he is using this as an excuse to break up and not be "hurtful". It sounds like he doesn't want this. I would lick my wounds (yes, it does indeed hurt; I understand), and move on.
  • Get pregnant with him, problem solved,
    ^^ That solves nothing.
    I think he did want to break up, but didn't know how to end it. Your difference in opinions presented an opening to him, and he took it. Sorry about that, though. :(
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    What a crappy situation to be in. I was in a long term relationship and decided to go travelling without my boyfriend. The last few months before I left were awful. Either he's using travel as an excuse to break up or he is being really logical. Personally I'm no good at logic. To me it seems crazy to break up a perfectly good relationship when you could enjoy another 6 months together. Whatever the reason you would be best to be the bigger person - if you love something set it free, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't then it never was.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Did you tell him before the breakup that you want to travel with him? If not, tell him that, but only if you really mean it, and you are really willing to change your plans without resenting him.