Who has a GREAT scale?

NurseMisty
NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My scale bites. I can get on and off three times in a row and be different each time. I go from the kitchen to the bathroom (same type of flooring) and it says I weigh two different weights. So anyone have a great ACCURATE scale?

Replies

• I use my Wii Fit Plus balance board as a scale and it seems pretty accurate. I make sure I am wearing the same thing every time (my PJs) and weigh myself a few times a week (mornings after I wake up and do my bathroom business), although I know they say to do it only once a week. It seems pretty accurate to me. If you have a Wii I would use that. Other than that, I have heard the Weight Watcher scales are pretty good and accurate. Good luck!
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    I would like to know also, mine does the same exact thing
  • I have that same problem with my scale. Weigh yourself once you weigh x. Weigh yourself again you weigh y. Weigh yourself one last time and you weigh z! If I change locations of the scale too it says different weights.... SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I would love to hear about some good scales too!
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    weight watchers scales are the best i use it all the time and its so so accurate (digital form) :flowerforyou:
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    I have a Salter scale which I find is very accurate, and I always get the same weight every time I step on and off of it.

The link to it is this :
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Black-Glass-Technology-Electronic/dp/B0013ISJH4/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1264635830&sr=8-22http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Black-Glass-Technology-Electronic/dp/B0013ISJH4/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1264635830&sr=8-22

Really good brand of Scales, as is Tanita :-)
  • I have a Taylor digital glass scale and find it to be very accurate, it weighs to a tenth. I just read a post about someone's scale being off, so I just had to check my scale. I took one of my 10lb weights:wink: and put it on, it was perfect 10.0. So I would suggest Taylor. I think I picked to up at Walmart or Target for around $20
  • And even when I get on and off 3-4 times it still reads the same, even the tenth stays the same. Now thats accurate.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    My scale gives me differrent numbers as well. I like to go with the lower one! :wink:
  • DaveyGravy
    I have a Taylor digital glass scale and find it to be very accurate, it weighs to a tenth. I just read a post about someone's scale being off, so I just had to check my scale. I took one of my 10lb weights:wink: and put it on, it was perfect 10.0. So I would suggest Taylor. I think I picked to up at Walmart or Target for around $20

I was in America for 10 weeks recently and bought a $30 Taylor scale from Target to use whilst there - and it was awesome!
  • NurseMisty
    Thanks everyone...I have lots of options to research now!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Consumer reports did a test on digital scales to find the most accurate and Taylor was the winner.

I'm pretty sure there's an entire topic dedicated to how crappy and inaccurate the weight watchers scale is so I would stear clear of those.
  • NurseMisty
    I just looked at my scale and it's a taylor! I must have got the low end taylor. :grumble:
  • DaveyGravy
    Maybe it's the batteries? Not to say that ALL taylor models are awesome, but the one I used in the US from Nov to Jan was very very accurate. I'd check the batteries first off, before laying a lot more $$s on a new set.
This discussion has been closed.