Foods high in Protein?

Options
Hi all, I'm just wondering if I could get some ideas of foods (and ideally meal plans!) with high protein, as I dont think I'm getting enough.. I've lost a few pounds but I'm finding it hard to work out how much of all the different nutritions I need? Thank you :)

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I always am on the lookout for high protein/low fat options as Protein shakes get old in a hurry!

Grilled skinless/boneless chicken breast
    Tilapia
    Cod
    Fat-free cottage cheese
    Egg whites (or egg white substitute)
    Extra-lean ground turkey
    Extra-lean beef or steak
    Tuna

These are all my staples of my diet. I don't go low carb - but since we usually get plenty of carbs/fat in our daily diet, I only worry about getting enough protein. Good luck!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    @stevemcknight : where can I buy cottage cheese? I went grocery shopping recently (in a huge supermarket) and couldn't find it anywhere, is it only available in health food stores?

-I could be totally off the mark here and may have just missed it.:flowerforyou:
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    @ The original poster:

Nuts. Cheese. Eggs. Seeds, Legumes.Peas.
  • keeleysmummy
    Options
    Thanks all :-)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    re: cottage cheese, it should be right by the sour cream and yogurt. You may have missed it because the containers often look just like sour cream containers. Some bigger stores have weird dairy section layouts but it WILL be there!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Yup Sofaking - it's in the same containers as Sour Cream usually - just make sure to get Fat Free or you'll not be helping your cause :)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Yup Sofaking - it's in the same containers as Sour Cream usually - just make sure to get Fat Free or you'll not be helping your cause :)

Actually, it's better to get 2% to 4% lowfat cottage cheese. The fat free adds extra sugar that nobody needs:wink:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Greek yogurt (and regular yogurt if you shop around) is a good source of protein, too! :flowerforyou: