fell down the stairs yesterday holding my toddler

Options
2»

Replies

• Baldiebeautiful
    Options
    Whooooooooo! Had me nervous. I'm glad to hear your baby is ok. You just track your food, and be good to yourself. Take warm baths, use heating pads, and relax those muscles. You'll be back up and running in no time. :)
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the words of support everyone. I am so thankful that I somehow managed to protect my daughter. I'm keeping my calories down because I"m not moving around much at all. My food choices haven't been very great for the last 2 days but tomorrow's a new day.
    I really love the advice to try swimming, I think that's a great idea. I'm going to try to cut down my painkillers a bit tomorrow and start moving around more. I'm going to check with my doctor before I start any weightlifting or exercise videos again. I've accepted that I probably won't be able to fit my goal dress for a wedding coming up but that's okay, there are more important things. There must have been someone watching over me, I can't believe that I didn't break a rib or anything.
    If anything, my 50 pounds of extra padding I have probably helped me. As my best friend told me (who is also losing weight)
    "a skinny B*tch would've been a lot worse off."
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Watch the pain meds, (they are consitpating):blushing:
    Magnesium can help with that.

Glad you are ok!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I kinda feel a little different from you on the skinny b@tch comment. I think my injuries would have been worse if I was still carrying the extra 60 lbs.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I kinda feel a little different from you on the skinny b@tch comment. I think my injuries would have been worse if I was still carrying the extra 60 lbs.

Fair enough, my friend was just trying to make me laugh. That could very well be, I could have been better off because I'd got in better shape in the last few months.
  • jodi41086
    Options
    Glad you have no broken bones or serious damage and to your kid!! Way to go mom!!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh ouch! I did the same thing about 18 months ago. Not while holding a child. You must have been completely shocked and scared. Thank goodness your baby is OK and you have nothing broken.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Falling down stairs while holding one of my children is a huge fear of mine! I'm glad your little angel wasn't hurt and your injuries are minor! Take care and pamper yourself!