Starting from 'normal' range

Options
2»

Replies

• ilinx
    ilinx Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 167cm (5'5) and about 60kg (132),so my BMI is 21.5.. My main aim is to get fitter and 'tone up' so I'm only trying to lose a few kilos. Still I'm struggeling at it. It's kind of frustrating when everybody who has more to lose seems to get rid of a couple of pounds every week while my scale hardly ever budges (if it does it's usually only water weight). Of course it's good for them! I support everyone who wants to become healthier, but it's discouraging me sometimes. I guess I need more friends with relative small weight loss goals. So if anybody wants to add me, go ahead. :)
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started MFP with a BMI of 24.2. I'm going for a BMI of 22 which for me is 140 lbs. The weight is coming off and so far I haven't plateaued. I'm trying to switch up my workouts to keep my body guessing. :wink: If anyone wants to add me feel free! :happy:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started MFP with a BMI of 24.2. I'm going for a BMI of 22 which for me is 140 lbs. The weight is coming off and so far I haven't plateaued. I'm trying to switch up my workouts to keep my body guessing. :wink: If anyone wants to add me feel free! :happy:
    Same stats as me. How many calories are you eating and burning with exercise? How much a week are you losing?
  • jemjemsh
    jemjemsh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yah! Glad to know I'm not alone. Good work to all those who have posted loses and are on their way to their goal weight!! Hopefully I will join you soon :)
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Im at a bmi of 24.8. 5 foot 63 kg woyld like to lose 8 kg to be in the mod healthy bmi range like i used to be. Feel free to add me esp if u talk in kilograms :-)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I think the "normal" weight ranges are rubbish. I can be about 25-30 lbs heavier than where I am ... I should never be more than 8 pounds heavier or 3 pounds lighter than where I am. I feel great.

When I was 8 pounds heavier than where I am the weight has come off very slowly, but that is ok.

for the quick reference - 5'8" tall, 131 pounds, 54 years old. If you want to talk about getting and staying within your own personal range, feel free to add me.