New

Options
I need to learn to stay focused and not snack at night.

Replies

• mcloughessy
    Options
    I had same problem until using myfittnesspal, it was so hard when I was hungry until I started to shed pounds. At first, it was just a pound, but then two, three and so on, so keep your eye on the prize!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I have started drinking water at night when i get hungry and shouldn't snack any more. Today I found that ocean spray makes the powders just like great value and crystal light. They are really good and i actually mix one packet into my 24 oz camel back bottle instead of just 16 oz. It stretches the flavor and is better than just chewing gum to curb the cravings. The one I'm drinking today is blueberry pomegranet and it is yummy!!
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    I have the same night snack addiction!!
    Try to keep yourself busy, limit the TV time unless you can FFW the pizza comercials ;) and have a water bottle handy. It works for me, I haven't had a snack after supper for the last 3 weeks!

Honestly it's not easy.....i found it easier to quit smoking! But we can do it!

Good luck!!
  • rrrb
    rrrb Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you. I am going to try. That is my weakest thing. Sorry just learning to do this program. Do not no when someone writes something.
  • rrrb
    rrrb Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you I am going to try.
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If I am having a hard day and feel like snacking I have been eating 1/2 my lunch or dinner and then eating the other 1/2 later so that it is still the meal I have already counted for and still get to eat again!!!! When I have a sweet tooth I like the fiber one bar with chocolate, it has 100 calories but is really sweet and it satisfys by sweet tooth, I also allow myself an icecream night!
  • Garrettsmom
    Garrettsmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Snack on almonds, or Special K, something low in calories. Or, get online and talk to one of us. We will stop you!!
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    Snack on almonds, or Special K, something low in calories. Or, get online and talk to one of us. We will stop you!!

watch the almonds!! 400+ calories in 1/2 cup!!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    welcome to mfp :)