motivation pants

Options
well yesterday at church a friend of mine came to me and said she has a pair of pants for me. she said they look like they'll fit me, or will fit me soon at the rate I'm going. so I brought them home without even looking at the size yet. when I finally did look at them I noticed they were 16's. I'm currently in 24's (which are starting to get a litle loose!!!!) so I started getting a little depressed thinking I can't believe how huge I let myself get and it will be forever before I fit into those pants. but then I got to thinking that my friend just gave me some added motivation. they are really nice pants and when I do fit in them, (WHICH I WILL!!!!), I'm gonna look great!! I haven't tried them on yet, cuz I'm so scared at how bad that will be, but I'm gonna give it another week or so and then attempt to squeeze my chunky legs into them. I'm trying to decide where to hang them so I'll see them everyday as a reminder of how hard I need to work!!

but this all just got me thinking that so many things can happen that normally would have me discouraged, sad and wanting to give up. but now I know that those same things can be the best motivators...we all need a little something extra to challenge us and push us to the next level....

~Pam

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    well yesterday at church a friend of mine came to me and said she has a pair of pants for me. she said they look like they'll fit me, or will fit me soon at the rate I'm going. so I brought them home without even looking at the size yet. when I finally did look at them I noticed they were 16's. I'm currently in 24's (which are starting to get a litle loose!!!!) so I started getting a little depressed thinking I can't believe how huge I let myself get and it will be forever before I fit into those pants. but then I got to thinking that my friend just gave me some added motivation. they are really nice pants and when I do fit in them, (WHICH I WILL!!!!), I'm gonna look great!! I haven't tried them on yet, cuz I'm so scared at how bad that will be, but I'm gonna give it another week or so and then attempt to squeeze my chunky legs into them. I'm trying to decide where to hang them so I'll see them everyday as a reminder of how hard I need to work!!

but this all just got me thinking that so many things can happen that normally would have me discouraged, sad and wanting to give up. but now I know that those same things can be the best motivators...we all need a little something extra to challenge us and push us to the next level....

~Pam
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Ofcourse you'll be wearing those pants...hope I get back into mine too!
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You will love getting back into them!! It feels fantastic. I started just where you are at now ,It will take some time, but you CAN do it. It is just the best. I wish I had done it earlier. Hang in there-Chris.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You'll get there soon! I started at a 22 and am now in a 16. I have quite a bit more weight to lose, but this site has helped to keep me on track when I'm lacking motivation. I recently went through a bunch of old clothes that I'd saved from my smaller days and I have some GREAT 12's and 14's that I can't wait to get into. I know it's not going to happen overnight and I've given myself VERY attainable goals (slow and steady, right?!) for fitting into them. After seeing all of the "too small clothes" I felt a little "blah" about it all, though, so I went through my closet of clothes I've been wearing or haven't put on in some time. It was a fantastic feeling to have so many clothes so big I couldn't even justify keeping them! I even had shirts that looked dumpy because they were so big! Shirts tend to fit for longer than pants do! It's a great feeling and you'll be jumping for joy once you get into those motivation pants! Keep on truckin! :drinker:
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I constantly wonder how I got here myself too . I so want to fit into my favorite pants again, oh they were so comfortable. I can't find them in my current size so I have to get back down. I'm size 10 right now and I was 5/6 7/8 depending on what pants. I would love to see that again. Why can't they be like the traveling pants and just fit nice. lol
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    you will get there. I started off at size 20 last June and I am in a size 6/8 now. I would try them on now and see how far you have to go so when you get there you will feel 10 times better. And if you can take a pic of the pants on now, for your eyes only, and then when they really fit or even are loose, take a pic you will want to show it off!!! Thats what I did, I squeezed my fat a** into a size 15 and took a pic and now I already gave those jeans away because they were falling off of me, but I took a pic before I gave them away and it is a shock to me how much I have lost.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Way to go Pam! There is hope that maybe I can 1/2 my current size 16 by summer. You are doing so good!:smile:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Try them on, you never know until you do. Even if you can't button them, you would have never got them that far back in your size 24 days!!!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - it's nice to have something tangible to work towards!

And it feels GREAT when you get there. Hey, I was super excited this weekend when I got to pull a couple of size 14s out of storage - wahoo!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    When you get it to them it will feel great, trust me! I tried on a pair of shorts yesterday that I bought a couple of years back which fit perfectly (Gap size 8) whereas I could hardly do them up last year. That's given me even more motivation to keep losing weight for this summer. You never know, maybe i'll even get into a size 6. That would be fantastic!:happy:
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Think about this! Your friend looked at you and thought she had pants that would fit you now or very soon. YOU must look great. Sometimes the inches you loose show to other people when we dont see it. Would she have offered you those pants 3 months ago? Something to think about...
  • lorelai63
    Options

~Pam
  • lorelai63
    Options

WOW NOT SURE WHAT I DID HERE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I POSTED THE SAME THING A FEW TIMES. WELL HOPE ITS HELPFUL SINCE YOU HAD TO READ IT THREE TIMES. HAHAHA

~Pam

Think about this! Your friend looked at you and thought she had pants that would fit you now or very soon. YOU must look great. Sometimes the inches you loose show to other people when we dont see it. Would she have offered you those pants 3 months ago? Something to think about...
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for you. I would hang those pants on the wall at the foot of my bed so i saw them every morning when I woke and every night when I went to sleep.