hi everyone I am new to fitness pal

Options
I have been struggling with my weight for more than 28 years ... My highest weight was last year at 280 ..... I am very proud of myself for dropping some weight 31 pounds ... somedays I feel I have so far to go ... I have thoguht about WLS but my hubby is not willing to see me go under the knife to lose weight he tells me that I am fine just how I am .... how can you not love a man like that ... but I am not happy with me I have not been happy with me in years ... I am trying to find out what is making me the way I am .. I love to eat and love to cook .. I always laugh and say you can not trust a skinny cook I would like to prove myself wrong there and be the skinny cook ... looking to make friends with anyone trying to find there way to the lighter side of life =)

Kim

Replies

• stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    congrats on losing the 31 lbs so far! that's a great accomplishment. and let's be honest, you do still have a long way to go. but you've already gone too far to turn back now! slow and steady. that's the healthy way and the best way to keep it off! this site will be great for friends and motivation. a lot of people have some incredible tips on being successful!

good luck!!!!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Kim,
    I tell myself every time I want something to eat that is not on my diet plan, "I will not give up what I want most of all for what I want for the moment". I think dieting is a lot like quieting smoking, the cravings come less and less the more you resist. myfitnesspal is great if you utilize it daily to calculate your calorie intake/burn. I have been using it for about a month and with strict dieting and exercise I have lost 13 pounds. Good luck:wink:
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Welcome!! Stick with it, drink your water, and log in EVERY bite of food that you eat. You can do it!!!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Welcome! good luck!