Insanity???

get_fit2009
get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok, my son and my hubby have started Insanity. I have completed P90X and still use some of the workouts, combined with classes that my local gym offers. I am SCARED of Insanity. Mostly because it seems like the only space is the garage where my son and hubby workout. I don't like to workout on the concrete floor. P90X workouts have been do-able in the family room on the carpet or hard-woods, but Insanity doesn't seem to be. Has anyone done this Insanity program and did you do the workouts on concrete? If so, how did your joints fare? I am almost 43 and the joints tend to notice things more these days. :laugh:

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    We do insanity on the hardwood floors in our house and in the spin studio in our gym. My body has taken a beating from INSANITY. There is a ton of jumping in it and my ankle has said F-you. So I'm on break right now.
  • get_fit2009
    I like to be pushed and workout HARD, but this seems like asking for trouble. I don't want to hurt myself and have to take time off of exercise entirely because of it. Thanks for your input!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    I do Insanity on hardwood floors in my office. You will benefit from a great pair of cross-trainers; running shoes won't cut it. You could also get the rubber mats that go together like a puzzle. I'm sorry; I don't know what they're called. My kids have them for their play area.
  • get_fit2009
    A friend at work has horses and recommended the rubber pads for horse stalls. She said I could put them in the garage and drive on them and everything. That sounds like the rubber mats you are talking about. I may have to drive over to the next town to the farm supplier and see what they've got!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    okay, what is insanity? i don't think my body would be ready for this, but sounds interesting!
  • get_fit2009
    It is put out by the same folks that do P90X - but it is more of a cardio workout, which for me was lacking a bit in P90X. However, it lacks the instructional stuff that P90X has - you just sort of jump in and do it. And, it is very high impact, which has me a tad worried because I have had a few bad injuries of late and I DON'T want to take a break to recover from any more. You can read about it at beachbody.com.
  • sandy429
    okay, what is insanity? i don't think my body would be ready for this, but sounds interesting!

From Beachbody . . .

60-Day Total-Body Conditioning Program
    Your personal trainer Shaun T will push you past your limits with 10 discs packed with cardio and plyometric drills with intervals of strength, power, resistance, and core training. No equipment or weights are needed, and you don’t have to be in extreme shape to do it. As long as you’re ready to dig deep, Shaun will help you get insane results in just 60 days.

Here’s what you get:

10 Insane Workouts
    Dig Deeper & Fit Test. To start, Shaun will put your body to the test and see what you're made of. (30 min.)

Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Burn fat with intervals of intense lower-body plyometrics and sweat-inducing cardio. (40 min.)

Cardio Power & Resistance. Build lean muscle and upper-body definition with strength-training and power moves. (40 min.)

Cardio Recovery & Max Recovery. Shaun goes easier on you once a week so you’ll be ready for the next round. (80 min.)

Pure Cardio & Abs. Nonstop, extreme cardio workout. (40 min.)

Cardio Abs. Do explosive intervals of cardio and core moves for rock-hard abs. (20 min.)

Core Cardio & Balance. This workout lets you take a break after Month 1 and gear up for Month 2. (40 min.)

Max Interval Circuit. With MAX Interval Training, this circuit is more intense than anything you've ever done before. (60 min.)

Max Interval Plyo. Push your legs till they beg for mercy with power and plyometrics, all at your MAX. (55 min.)

Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs. Get pushed to your limit with this extreme cardio workout. (50 min.)
    Plus, get these 4 free gifts:
    Elite Nutrition Plan. A food plan specifically designed to fuel your body for these intense workouts.

Fitness Guide. It’s short and to the point, with just the information you need. We want you working out—not reading.

INSANITY® Calendar. Lets you track your progress through Month 1 and Month 2, set workout goals, and stay motivated the whole time. Plus, the Fit Test Tracker tracks your results as you transform your body.

FREE Online Support Tools. Stay inspired with round-the-clock access to fitness experts and peer support.
    Get insane results, or your money back.
    You have a full 30 days to try INSANITY for yourself. If you're not completely satisfied for any reason, simply call Customer Service to return it within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price, less s&h—no questions asked.

INSANITY is an extreme and physically demanding workout. This is NOT for beginners or individuals with any medical condition that may be compromised by extreme cardio and strength exercise. Consult your physician and read the enclosed materials before beginning the program.
    Results may vary. Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition.
    © 2009 Product Partners, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • sandy429
    That last part is very important -- Insanity is EXTREME & is not for beginners. I had done P90X four times before attempting Insanity, and it blew me away. I'm on my third time through now, and it's still hard!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I worked the program Sept. to Nov. and when it was warm in Sept I was on cement in my garage then when it got colder out I moved it to my basement with a big area rug over the cement! Insanity is 'Hard Core" but it becomes an addiction! You just do what ya gotta do!
This discussion has been closed.