Is this it??

Options
SWEETS1234
SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
Is this all life has to offer? I mean I get up, I work, I workout, I go home, I pick up my son, deal with homework & dinner, tv, sleep and then it all starts all over again.... Is this it????

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Life is what you make of it. If you don't like how it is then find a way to change it. :smile:
  • SWEETS1234
    Options
    It's not that I don't like my life. I just want more...now I just have to figure out what it is.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's it,you have a son,you have a job,you have Internet I assume as you're on here.life must be awful,we should all be grateful for what we have
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying. I pretty much stay busy with not much free time, but I am so grateful of everything I have. I might be missing something but it will eventually come without me trying to figure it out! Just enjoy life and everything will fall in place! Good luck. :)
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's human nature to want more.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    join the army!!! =)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Start by figuring out what you would like to get out of it.
  • SWEETS1234
    Options
    I am grateful for all that I have, I was not trying to be ungrateful. I just was wondering if other people ever felt this way and if so what they've done about it?
  • SWEETS1234
    Options
    join the army!!! =)

lol love it
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for all that I have, I was not trying to be ungrateful. I just was wondering if other people ever felt this way and if so what they've done about it?

Never meant that your ungrateful..sorry. I was just saying that about myself. I feel like I need to figure out who I am before trying to find out what else is missing from my life. :)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need a holiday, routine can be depressing.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Is this all life has to offer? I mean I get up, I work, I workout, I go home, I pick up my son, deal with homework & dinner, tv, sleep and then it all starts all over again.... Is this it????

yep. that's all it is. don't forget taxes.

:bigsmile:

PS - just kidding. except for the taxes part.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Yep!! i felt like this once.... i divorced my husband, lost 8stone, joined a gym, got a job when i wasn't allowed one before, met a gorgeous guy, started writing a book, made new friends and started an online blog. Im sure i'll add things to this list as i go along
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Because we are physical, emotional, and spiritual beings, if anyone of those is starving or neglected, it will affect the others. For me, anyways.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options

I guessed your age even before I checked out your profile. While I hate to think of 35 as "mid life" it is so typically a time when women have achieved one set of goals....marriage, house, kids....and then stalled. A century ago you'd then die. Now it is time to decide what you want to be when you grow up. I went back to school and got a law degree. Many of my clients thought a divorce was the answer....often they found if they considered a new career projectory instead, that did the trick.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options

Take a moment during each of your activities and find something joyful about it. Notice beauty in small things. The more you see and appreciate, the more you will see. It's really easy to get caught up in the mundane details of life, but taking those small moments to really SEE them, is helpful. It opens your eyes to new things, too.

I have felt that way and I made the decision to find beauty or humour every day, even the sucky ones.

Also, perhaps developing a hobby or volunteering your time (it doesn't have to be a lot of time, because clearly you are busy) can lead to new avenues of interest.

Edited to add: If you have a sense of the ridiculous, it'll really help ;-)
  • Snobunni126
    Snobunni126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completely understand what you mean. I have a great life but, it is hard not to want progression. I have decided this year I am going to try and get in more me time. I think that is what we all forfeit when we become parents, adults, significant others. We give up hobbies and the things that kept us young. I am planning a girls weekend, which is going to kill me because I am busy and I am never away from my children. I think it is what I need to feel like I am not in a rut.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Richard Cory is a poem written by Edwin Arlington Robinson. Simon and Garfunkel put the song to music. The poem which describes a wealthy and successful man whom at the height of his career commits suicide. Just because we have wealth and gorgeous people surrounding us does not make us happy. So what’s the answer?

1. You could try being more spiritual. I will not go further because this is personal and only you can decide to travel along this route.

2. You could volunteer and work for an organization devoted to helping others, maybe once a month. Like Habit for Humanity.

3. I’m working on a post called “Goals for 2013”. You can identify what goals you want to accomplish for next year, write them down, make them challenging, and try to accomplish them.

I didn’t see where you were married or have kids. If you do and you fell this way, perhaps you need some special time alone with your SO or together as a family away from the grind. A possible retreat might recharge your batteries.

Good Luck!:smile:
  • SWEETS1234
    Options
    Thank you for all your thoughtful ideas. It gives me something to chew on. I have been speaking with my husband about all of this and while he's not overally happy about how I'm feeling at least we're in this together.
    I do like caldon4523 idea for setting up a GOAL. cheers