hot tea

Options

Replies

• MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I drink loads of Twinings Decaff Earl Grey with a little skimmed milk - love it :)
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    I love hot tea! Some of my favorites are Republic of Tea Blackberry Sage, Republic of Tea Vanilla Coconut, and Tazo Passion and Earl Grey. I think they are all delicious without any sweetener.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    speaking of green tea..what the heck do they do to the tea at japanese/chinese places? i can never replicate that taste.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    tension tamer tea from celsetial tea. It has cinnamon and doesn't need sugar.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I drink iced Rooibos tea during the summer with no sugar. It's my favorite. In the winter I turn towards mint tea. I may add some honey or xagave if I really want something sweet but most of the time I drink it without. I just bought a dehydrator and am planning on growing several varieties of mint next year to make my own tea.

I agree it's great to turn to when you are feeling like you need a little something. I grab a good book, my tea, and forget all about everything else for an hour.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    pear tea if you can find it, has it's own sweet flavor
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I never put anything in my tea, even black teas. Right now I'm drinking lapsang souchong, which is pretty interesting tasting!!!

Normally I drink a LOT of green teas. My boyfriend and I are kind of tea snobs... we only drink loose teas, and we're very careful about preparing them. You should never use boiling water to prepare green tea, it should usually only be between 75-85 degrees celsius. And only steep for a minute or two. Sencha and genmaicha are some of my favourites. Usually when people tell me they can't drink green tea or it tastes like dirt, it's because it's cheap green tea or they prepare it wrong. Green tea should taste very delicate, like seaweed or asparagus.

I love oolong and pu-erh too - you can use boiling water with those.

I second the suggestion for David's Tea - it's the only kind of flavoured tea I drink! I love their Happy Kombucha, and Glitter & Gold.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i like chai tea, either plain or sweetened with stevia
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

chai means tea. You basically just said "I like tea tea"
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I adore tea and don't use any sweetener. Lupicia has wonderful loose leaf teas in all kinds of combinations, like Banana Chocolate or Wedding (which is a black tea with real rose leaves in it). They are in Hawaii and on the West Coast - but they do have an online store. For generally available (usually in the grocery stores here in the States) tea, I like Celestial Seasonings fruit teas- Raspberry Zinger is my favorite, but any zinger is pretty great, as well as Black Cherry Berry. I also adore Twinings loose Earl Grey. I prefer to have milk in my Earl Grey instead of lemon. I know that's verboten for tea purists, but it's how I roll. :laugh: I really just love tea! (I go have formal afternoon tea quite frequently, as well. I just love the formality of it. And, I won't lie, the scones.)
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You should never use boiling water to prepare green tea, it should usually only be between 75-85 degrees celsius. .

cool.. I actually never let my water boil, simply because I can't drink stuff that is too hot and i get impatient lol.

really though?.... i think for most of us "chai" is implied as the flavor of the indian herbs/spices.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon - it actually tastes sweet on its own. If you want it more sweet, a 1/2 Tbsp or less of honey is plenty. Any other tea, I sweeten with honey or sugar.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I adore tea and don't use any sweetener. Lupicia has wonderful loose leaf teas in all kinds of combinations, like Banana Chocolate or Wedding (which is a black tea with real rose leaves in it). They are in Hawaii and on the West Coast - but they do have an online store. For generally available (usually in the grocery stores here in the States) tea, I like Celestial Seasonings fruit teas- Raspberry Zinger is my favorite, but any zinger is pretty great, as well as Black Cherry Berry. I also adore Twinings loose Earl Grey. I prefer to have milk in my Earl Grey instead of lemon. I know that's verboten for tea purists, but it's how I roll. :laugh: I really just love tea! (I go have formal afternoon tea quite frequently, as well. I just love the formality of it. And, I won't lie, the scones.)

I had a rose tea for the first time the other day. My friend who gave me the black currant and strawberry tea made it.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Republic of Tea has a holiday tea called Comfort and Joy which is DELICIOUS.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I like Stash brand Chai tea, no milk, no sugar.
  • Hadunka
    Hadunka Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a dark chocolate chai tea I really like and I enjoy Rooibos teas. I don't add any sweeteners so it needs to taste good on it's own!
    where can I buy dark chocolate chai tea please?
  • suecandy
    Options
    My fave is Black mango tea from Trader Joe's. A couple pkts of splenda and I'm good.
  • keem88
    Options

that's nice. nobody cares. tell the tea companies that
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I have a dark chocolate chai tea I really like and I enjoy Rooibos teas. I don't add any sweeteners so it needs to taste good on it's own!

The one I have is Tetley in one of the round cans with a plastic lid. Should be in any grocery store.
  • keem88
    Options
    i have never seen the dark chocolate type that sounds like it would be very good