i want to be a mom soon

Options
anybody who can relate to my condition? i have pcos and under metformin treatment? any tips on how to get pregnant. :blushing:

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I don't have pcos (that I'm aware of ), but I've been trying to get pregnant since I got married in June and am beginning to get quite frustrated and depressed that it isn't happening for me. I'm just trying to focus on my health so that I'm the healthiest I can be when it does finally happen. But it's so draining to wait for it......
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of friends with PCOS who went on to having children, the first with a little help from modern medicine, the second just happening on its own. I don't have the condition myself, but it did take a bit before I did get pregnant, and I lost a baby too. Take care of your health, don't focus so much on "having a baby", enjoy your time together.

+++baby vibes+++
  • Angie0518
    Options
    I don't have pcos but, my doctor thought that I did at first. That is how they discovered that I am insulin resistant. My doctor had me start on an herbal supplement called Fertility Blend for Women because I too am trying to get pregnant. You can take it right up until you get pregnant and it mainly consists of green tea. You could try asking your doctor about it. :smile:
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but wanted to throw out a book suggestion. If you haven't read "Taking Charge of your Fertility" it might be helpful.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

You may want to check out our group - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78616-pregnancy-2010-week-4

All of us are either pregnant, want to get pregnant or want to lose weight for pregnancy. We weigh in every Wednesday, and have weekly challenges (last week was water intake, this week is calroie adherance).

come join us! The more the merrier!
  • lazygalina
    Options
    two and half year of trying...my husband is much older than I am....a lot of my friend become priegnant in from of me...it is really frustrating....I decided to concentrate on loosing weights and I hope this will help me.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I read a book about taking your temperature daily, and checking your cervical fluid and glot pregnant our first try! If your cervical fluid is eggwhite it means your in your fertile period ... majority of women start their fertile period 14 days after their period, though not all women. I before you go to the bathroom you swipe a finger around the lips of your vagina you should be able to feel and see what type of cervical fluid you have. In a month it usually goes from dry (when you're not fertile) to sticky or crumbly, then creamy like lotion or milk, to eggwhite and stretchy. The stretchier the more fertile.
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart,persistance pays off!My husband and I have been together for 11 years,just figured it wasn't meant to be-and we just had a beautiful little boy last October ,so don't give up!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

You may want to check out our group - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78616-pregnancy-2010-week-4

All of us are either pregnant, want to get pregnant or want to lose weight for pregnancy. We weigh in every Wednesday, and have weekly challenges (last week was water intake, this week is calroie adherance).

come join us! The more the merrier!

Thanks! I'll check out that thread tomorrow. Sounds great to me!
  • mamilel
    mamilel Posts: 10
    Options
    whew! thanks for your inspiring messages. you motivate me. :flowerforyou:
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    I also took Fertility Blend to help me conceive our 2nd child. I also used a product called Pre Seed. Its a lubricant that help balance your PH level and help propel those little guys to where they need to go. You can find both items on Amazon. Our2nd month of using the Pre Seed we got pregnant. It might be worth a try. Oh plus taking your basal body temp and charting your cycles is a good idea.