People can be so opinionated about my new weight.

Options
I've lost 50 pounds over the last few months by using MFP to record my calories (both incoming and outgoing). I'm now 170 pounds and at 5feet 11 inches have a BMI of just under 24. I've worked hard to get here and I'm enjoying being slim again after years of being a bit over weight. But sometimes when "over weight" people decide to share their thoughts with me about my shape by saying "you've gone too skinny" or " don't loose any more weight" it makes me very angry. I don't comment on their size or shape as that would be rude. Anyway my point is, as you start to loose weight people will share these views with you. Just carry on until you know your a really healthy good looking weight.

Replies

• Kimberly121
    Kimberly121 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! It can get downright uncomfortable. But, I just remind myself why I'm losing and try to smile and keep doing me!
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I also know exactly what you mean! It also annoys me when people start spouting things that you 'should' do when it clearly isn't working for them! or when you say that it's simple, "work out how many calories you need to live, cut down from that, exercise and eat back your exercise calories they look as though your taking the p because you don't spout a load of nonsense about a specific fruit, pill or drink!
  • DarcyGibbs
    Options
    Do not let other people's negative views or comments impact you. It is your life and your body, if it really gets to you, simply say what you did here. It may not win you any friendships but it will sure as hell get them off your back.

If you say that you are grateful for their concern but feel like you are happy and comfortable at your new weight they should back off. If they don't they are not the type of friend you need. Stay strong, enjoy life.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    After having 2 babies I became a runner and my health and fitness became my new passion. I lost all of my baby weight and then some, and I am now smaller that I have been since highschool. I have had people comment or lightly tease me, saying how skinny I look, and joke that I need to eat more . . . My reply is either "do you realize how much I have to eat to run as much as I do?" and "I'm not skinny, I am fit". Society has such a skewed perception of what healthy is and looks like . . . keep living for you, and be proud of all of your accomplishments.