South Beachers's Lets list our daily food

Options
I need some new ideas. Whats everyone eating today or tomorrow? Good recipes or bad?

I tried the berry smoothie and it stayed about a whole 20 mins and I was starving! Back to eggs

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i have ate the south beach protein bars, every one ate work is telling me to eat lots of protein and fiber and drink alot of water, the protein bars help. today i was way over on protein.
    i dont im fustrated anyways all the way around.
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    have you tried the california mashed potatoes? it's mashed cauliflower, the recipe is in the south beach book-delicious!
  • jhodge
    jhodge Posts: 5
    Options
    I make an egg dish that really helps decrease the constant cooking of eggs everyday and the boredom of eggs as well. It is really easy and it makes enough for our breakfast all week. Use a silicone baking pan for the best results. Heat oven to 375. Beat 12 to 15 large eggs. Cook 1/2 a pound of turkey sausage, canadian bacon, or whatever low fat meat you want. I use turkey sausage. Place meat in the bottom of oiled cups. I use the spray cooking oil. Then cover with low-fat cheese. About 2 cups total I fill the cup mostly up. Pour eggs mixture over the top. Leave some space at the top for the egg to rise. Top with chopped green onions. I use three total for all 12 muffin cups. It makes about 12 muffins. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until set to the texture you want. You can add spinach or whatever you want. I like the sausage, egg, cheese, and onion. The stay food in the refrigerator for about 6 days. Just warm them up for one to two minutes for breakfast. hope that helps.
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I had Ezekial cereal for breakfast
    Naked queso burrito, no rice from Qdoba for lunch
    And Spicy Tuny from the Quick and Easy cookbook for dinner

Snacks were a part-skim mozzarella string cheese stick and a South Beach Living s'mores bar.

All in all a pretty good day!