Introducing myself

Options
Hello, I'm new to MFP and have just been searching the community looking for helpful advice. Figured since I was using the community that I would introduce myself.

I'm married and a father of 3. I was in the military in the late 90s and quit exercising when I got out. Since then I have gained about 60lbs. While I know I may never be in the same shape as I was when I was twenty, I want to get in better shape then what I am now.

I have joined the YMCA a few months ago and have started working out at least 3 times a week with my goal being 5 times a week. I am now trying to pay more attention to what I have been eating so I started MFP after a friend recommended it to me.

Replies

• reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Its a wonderful place full of wonderful supportive kick-you-in-the-pants-when-you-need-it people.

Feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Request coming your way, welcome!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You are already off to a good start. Don't limit yourself - you may well find yourself in the best shape ever after losing some weight and exercising more!. The sky is the limit but just getting healthier and making good changes to your lifestyle is a great accomplishment!!! Add if you need MFP friends. Good luck
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex-military guy as well. Friend me if you like.
  • ravenforest3009
    ravenforest3009 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site will definitely help you.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to MFP and have just been searching the community looking for helpful advice. Figured since I was using the community that I would introduce myself.

I'm married and a father of 3. I was in the military in the late 90s and quit exercising when I got out. Since then I have gained about 60lbs. While I know I may never be in the same shape as I was when I was twenty, I want to get in better shape then what I am now.

I have joined the YMCA a few months ago and have started working out at least 3 times a week with my goal being 5 times a week. I am now trying to pay more attention to what I have been eating so I started MFP after a friend recommended it to me.

Welcome. MFP is perfect for tracking calories and finding friends. I have always been physically active, even when I raised my kids who are grown and married now. I gained 60 lbs over the years and didn't think I'd ever be as fit as when I was 19, but it turns out I'm more fit now and leaner than I was then after losing the weight at age 50. I've been maintaining for over a year now at almost 52. I'm a retired software engineer, and volunteer as a sheriff deputy. Now I volunteer to write fitness articles and will be volunteering to give fitness chats at sports events. My life has changed, it's NEVER TOO LATE! :)
  • jwiley78
    jwiley78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the welcomes and introductions that everyone has given me.