Calorie cutting technique

jquintinjr
jquintinjr Posts: 191
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
if anyone uses canned soup or similar products put it in the fridge overnight before you use it. fat solidifies on top and you can then scrape it off saving a good amount of calories. btw soup is great for weight loss. very filing and low cal. only problem is sodium but i dont worry about it

Replies

• That does sound like a great idea...I used to like to drink soup broth to fill my tummy. Also I love eating cream of wheat and then adding splenda to it (no milk or anything) and it's a great snack that takes awhile to eat (if you like grazing like I do) and it's only 100cals....Good luck on your weight loss..
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Great tip!

When I eat in my school's cafeteria, they always serve huge portion sizes. I keep a container in my purse so when I buy dinner, I can put half away for lunch the next day right away. I've cut my lunch calories by 20-30% and my dinner calories (obviously) by 50%.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Thanks for the tip - I'll have to try that!
  • that s such a great tip...i try not to use too much can soup becuz of my husbands diabeties but i will occasionally so i will try that tip..thanks
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    that s such a great tip...i try not to use too much can soup becuz of my husbands diabeties but i will occasionally so i will try that tip..thanks

It also works on homemade soups, if you're using meat broths as a base.
This discussion has been closed.