Energy Drink alternatives?

Options
2»

Replies

• RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Coconut Water is natures energy drink! Better than a banana. But not that crap in the can I mean the ones that come in a tetra pak. These brands are pretty good:

0604_coconut-water_398x206.jpg

Crap in a can? That's the real stuff too!! I'm from the Philippines and when you don't live close enough to the beach, that delicious healthy stuff gets canned up and shipped out to the city. Unless by crap in a can you're meaning to say the coconut milk? I am unsure if they can green coconut juice in America.

2011_02_18-CoconutJuice.jpg
  • wazzanz
    Options
    water or black coffee
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I also suggest green tea. In addition, I started taking a vitamin b complex and that seems to have increased my energy level a lot.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYRYxSj5TULTrm6XOYv2eyHLZfkMncZcin7MmZfaXSXOPd21-iPQ&t=1

Agreed, caffeine pills are dirt cheap and do the trick well.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Shakeology! Changed my life. No caffeine. Health drink. Natural energy. Helps you lose weight. Lowers cholesterol. AMAZING! Feel free to ask me more questions. I want to tell the world about it!!! :D

How does it lower cholesterol?
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Black Coffee
    No Doze Pills
    5 Hour Energy
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    B12 shots do wonders for some people.

I personally like to do pre-workout supplement drinks before my morning workouts. I don't actually get any pump or energy shot from them like most folks do, but it does help me wake up a bit & I'm def not a morning person.
  • nattles90
    Options
    i know this is still an energy drink but...zero carbs and zero cals. hollaaaa

2ega6vn.jpg
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    water
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Coconut Water is natures energy drink! Better than a banana. But not that crap in the can I mean the ones that come in a tetra pak. These brands are pretty good:

0604_coconut-water_398x206.jpg

Crap in a can? That's the real stuff too!! I'm from the Philippines and when you don't live close enough to the beach, that delicious healthy stuff gets canned up and shipped out to the city. Unless by crap in a can you're meaning to say the coconut milk? I am unsure if they can green coconut juice in America.

2011_02_18-CoconutJuice.jpg

I was talking more on the lines of these:

5535452343_0c237231b2.jpg

These are filled with added sugar and preservatives and just don't taste like real coconut water. My family is Jamaican so they feel that pure coconut water has to come directly from the coconut or they won't drink it. I can deal with the OP pictures because they don't have any processed sugar.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Make a fresh fruit and/or veggie smoothie! (If you prepare all the ingredients on your day off, you don't have to do anything when you get home and are tired, other than put the ingredients together and blend them.) There are tons of great smoothie recipes on websites, pamphlets, and in books. If you buy something like a Vitamix blending system, you'll get a book of smoothie recipes and have the equipment to make them!
  • bubmeisterg
    Options
    I have been really into these things called PowerPaks. theyre made by Trace Mineral Research, and theyre loaded with electrolytes, b vitamins, and vitamin c. so basically it is an EmergenC with lots more potassium, magnesium, zinc, (other electrolytes) etc. Gives me a nice pick me up, only 15 cals per packet, no sugar rush, plus you dont have to worry about scurvy or catching a cold! :)