Substitutes for sweets (I have a horrible sweet tooth)

Options
What has everyone replaced sweets with?

I have a horrible sweet tooth and am tying to find healthier alternatives. As a one time smoker I replaced smoking after meals with foods. I love fruits but after I eat them I want something chocolate/sweet. I have coco almonds but I need to be able to have some kind of variation.

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, dark chocolate, frozen bananas with a few chocolate chips, frozen yogurt, oatmeal with some cocoa powder, a sweet smoothie...
  • katastrophictendencies
    Options
    Sugar free jello and pudding is always a good option also frozen Greek yogurt
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If your grocery store carries So Delicious products, check out their no-sugar-added chocolate coconut milk ice cream. 100 cal per 1/2 cup and totally delicious!
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Chocolate isn't actually bad for you...dark chocolate, that is. Just limit yourself on how much of it you're eating. I've also noticed that the more physical activity I do, the less I crave sweets. And I'm a major chocoholic...lol, so I'm ALWAYS craving sweets!!!
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    there is none,not for me anyways lol
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum can sometimes get me through those moments!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sugar can be a terrible addiction...If you want to be free...go cold turkey!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Fruit.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I use a half a packet of sugar free chocolate fudge pudding and a cup of almond milk vanilla no sugar, put it in the blender with ice and make a shake.
  • Mayerbeth724
    Options
    I love those chocolate and other flavor meringue sugar puffs. They are only like 10 calories each and are realllllly sweet. Another good quick sweet treat is a 25 calorie sugar free frozen chocolate popsicle. But what I've really found lately is by not eating the sweets daily, it makes me not crave them as much.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Don't replace. Just work them into your daily allotment of calories.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

I completely disagree.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I still eat them but I limit the portions and usually how often. But if I really want it I have found that eating something else just results in me eating both in the long run. It is about finding what works for you as an individual. I can say that I don't eat in a week what I use to sometimes eat in one day and I have found that when I do indulge I enjoy the taste much more now for some items. For other items I have found that I don't care for them any longer. I have read some post that they can't keep the items in their house, I am glad to say this hasn't been an issue for me.

Good luck, find a balance and what works for you
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    big green grapes......soooooooo sweet! Or sugar free jello double chocolate pudding.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Diet AW Rootbeer. I don't care about all the so called people who say oh just give it all up. Well it's not that easy. We didn't get to this position overnight and giving up sugar doesn't happen over night either. First of all relax, take a deep breath and decide if it's sweets you want or if you need food in general. Sometimes we get hungry and then start focusing on the things we tell ourselves are off limits. Instead focus on what you can have. Include fruit or some sugar free pudding or even my favorite the diet root beer. And do not beat yourself up over having chocolate or sweets. If you totally rule out a food it will make it even more appealing.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    I can just stick a body part of mine into whatever you need. I'm so sweet it makes everything around it sweet.
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    I gained five lbs just reading this thread! Baahhh!!!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I eat a square of dark chocolate pretty much every day. Not a lot of cals and lots of flavor. SF jello. I eat diet and artificial sweetener products so there are things like the Breyers low carb ice creams and bars. I'm low carb so don't eat the others since they are pretty high in carbs even if they are low in cals. Blue diamond chocolate almonds. Greek yog blended with frozen fruit and maybe a splash of sf syrup, the vanilla will make it taste like vanilla ice cream. I periodically eat normal sweets. I'm diabetic so it can be really bad for me but if I weren't I would have no problem with fitting a little in here and there.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

I completely disagree.

Me too. This is a LIFESTYLE change. Don't think of this as a DIET.
    With that said, you want to be able to enjoy things you like, as long as it doesn't knock you over your calorie limit for the day.
    ENJOY life. Don't go through it feeling deprived.
    You can meet your goals even with your sweet tooth.
    Many here have done it, you can as well.....
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    - tea with skim milk & some dark chocolate
    - plain yogurt & spoonful of low-sugar jam
    - frozen grapes
    - frozen banana chunks