weight training and MFP friends...

Options
I'm looking to add more friends on MFP. I'm looking for those that are losing weight, but at the same time, serious about weight training. I have been very concerned about skin after I lose all my weight. I went and joined a gym a couple weeks ago and have taken the Group Power class 3X a week. I have also added in A LOT more weight training then I was doing previously. Just in the last couple weeks since joining the gym and upping my workouts with less cardio and more weights, I have seen more weight fall off and a change in my body. It's pretty motivating. I would love to have more friends on MFP who are like-minded for support and motivation. If that's you, please send me a note.

Replies

• FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. I'd love to have more friends on here who are into lifting weights
  • emandlukeplusone
    emandlukeplusone Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    add me I just started weight training as well and LOVE it!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    add me :) Weight and cardio :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I think you are going to be very happy with your body, not only after the weight is gone, but also all along the way:)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love to lift heavy stuff and I love new friends!
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm a chick and I'm serious about my weight training. I have had great results and it sounds like you have too! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and serious about it :)
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am getting back into weight training. For now it is just upper body due to a leg injury but will be adding lower as soon as I can get back on my feet literally. Feel free to add me.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I run and lift heavy. Great combo!
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. Lift heavy and my diaries are open. Good luck to all!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I like to weight train like its going out of style. :drinker:
    Its very addicting
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to add more friends on MFP. I'm looking for those that are losing weight, but at the same time, serious about weight training. I have been very concerned about skin after I lose all my weight. I went and joined a gym a couple weeks ago and have taken the Group Power class 3X a week. I have also added in A LOT more weight training then I was doing previously. Just in the last couple weeks since joining the gym and upping my workouts with less cardio and more weights, I have seen more weight fall off and a change in my body. It's pretty motivating. I would love to have more friends on MFP who are like-minded for support and motivation. If that's you, please send me a note.

Awesome on the weight training. It will improve your bone density and give you a better quality of life when you are older. I recently found out my bone density is that of a super athletic 30 year old (I'm almost 52) and it's a result of lifting weights for over 30 years. The sooner the better, keep it up for the rest of your life.

I still have some lose skin since I'm not so young and I lost the weight (60 lbs) at age 50, but your skin does adjust, it just takes longer than it does to lose the fat.

Best of luck to you! Bobbie
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Me! Love weights and have used them to lose pounds for years. So nice when you start to feel the difference!
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've sent out a ton of friend requests from this post and am out of requests for now. Please send me one if I haven't sent you one.
  • raj83168
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I just started my bulking phase!
  • niktherip
    niktherip Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pics 60 day mfp and weight training progress which inc a bit o beer and choc, love to lift and as Long as I'm sensible I find I can still have my treats, you just godda stay in the fight n matter what happens, feel free to ad me fellow lifters
  • Angellaree
    Angellaree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am new to MFP and looking for some new buddies!