Under Calorie goal??

tiffanyraes
tiffanyraes Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm always under my calorie goal and sometimes it says I'm in starvation mode. Help!
I don't feel like I'm starving myself...or really hungry ever.., any suggestions?

Replies

• FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Deleted
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    I will trade you! I always eat over my calories, by at least 100 or so. I am always SO HUNGRY! I could eat all day if I let myself go. I have noticed that I am more hungry than I used to be because I am doing a lot of Circuit Training now.
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    I'm more or less always under my cal goal, if you don't feel lethargic or unwell and are happy to keep going that way then I would, obviously if you are experiencing any negative side effects then I'd eat more, simple as that. Your body will usually tell you when it's wanting for something :0) although I should add the caveat that I'm obviously no a doctor and don't know your entire background and this is just a general point of view based on my limited experience lol but it is only sensible to do this for short periods of time if you don't have a great deal to lose like less than 14lbs for example the only downside is you might fix the weight problem quicker but not the lifestyle that caused it meaning you will most likely put the weight back on in which case a slower more controlled weightloss might be more beneficial.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Do you workout a lot? Because sometimes when I do an hour run it tells me I can have 700 more calories, but I'd be way too full if I did. If I'm eating good sources of protein, carbs, fruit/veggies that are nutrient-dense, my energy is great and I'm losing weight, I think it's okay :) If not I try tweaking one of those, adding a protein shake/fruit after a workout, etc.
  • I was doing the same thing but now I try to eat snacks more than ever...its harder for you to lose the weight if your not eating cause there is nothing to burn....i was eating only 500-700 a day and it did slow down now I try to eat at least 1200-1500 a day and ive lost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks =)
  • Yes i've seen that too but I can't see how I would be going in to starvation mode when I eat snacks :os
  • Have you done any reading on the glycemic index? I am following this tool, and have found no problems with keeping calories down and no feelings of hunger at all. Good luck.
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    as long as you eat small meals at regular intervals I think you should be ok. Or, try upping your portion sizes slightly - as its good to stick to your calorie goal i think. I was way under yesterday for the first time.

How much under are we talkin about?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    I have the same problem. I just try to find things to eat that are not very filling but are high in calories. A handful of nuts usually does the trick.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Also, this site a guideline. Of course, it is probably healthy to at least give your body 1200 calories to burn on a day to day basis. But adding in exercise, not everyone eats them. See what works for you and how you feel. Make sure the calories you put in your body have the biggest punch for health (protein, low fat, healthy sugars, etc).
    Have a great day.
  • I'm always under my calorie goal, sometimes by 700 calories, and this is also after doing a 700+ cal gym burnout, so technically I could be 1400 cals under.

However for some reason, I don't feel hungry. I can't understand it. In the past, if I don't eat for about 30 mins, I get starving. But now, I can have some healthy snacks between breakfast and dinner, dinner and tea and not feel hungry in the slighest.
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I really do appreciate it. I work out a lot more than I have in the past. And it's after I add these workouts that it pings me that I'm in starvation mode (adding those calories back on). I guess I will take the advice and as long as I'm not feeling lethargic (sp?) or noticing differences in my attitude, energy etc. then I should be okay. I will keep an eye on this though...as I want to make sure I'm gving my body what it needs for these workouts. :))))
This discussion has been closed.