Struggling already!

Options
Hi Everyone

I have been dieting for a month on the Atkins (have done this diet before very successfully) but this time its just not working, so on Monday I decided to change to low cal balanced diet so here I am.

On the Atkins diet I weighed myself every day its my way of control, if I am loosing it motivates me to carry on and if I put on or stay the same it makes me tighten the reins! I know its not good and lots of people will say to weigh once a week.

Anyway I have started and getting nowere, I think I will probably need to take a few steps back as my body is not used to eating carbs, the I guess it will start to loose weight again??

I just feel like going to Mcdonlads this morning ang getting something yummy, instead I went and got weetabix and semi skimmed milk, warmed the milk up and put the weetabix in .......they just totally disintigrated! NOT impressed, I feel like givin up already!

:O(

Abbi x

Replies

• Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Things will get easier! It is hard at first and you probably will need to give your body a bit of time. Losing weight is all about patience, it has happened for you before so you know you can do it, it's just finding the balanced diet that you will need to do. Good luck! xxx :flowerforyou:
  • abbilouise
    Options
    Thanks hun, I know i know, its just sooo hard, and its only now that I regret eating like a pig for all those months, but I am a foodie and always will be. I'm not good at waiting for anything, weight loss especially!!!

Thanks for the support though

:O)

x
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I have not done the atkins personally however from friends I know who have I recall that after coming off the atkins and returning to a healthy diet they initally gained weight and found there foods initially not as satisfying.
    I think this is because you have been eating loads of rich calorific food and then gone to non rich low calorific food. So your body has to re balance again. (the atkins is know to work while you are on it but when you eat normally it goes back on if I remember correctly)

You need to try and stop thinking of this as a diet and more of a healthy eating and healthy lifestyle for long term gain - health, weight etc.

If you are really hungry then have something to eat but try and be sensible, maybe a slice of toast would take the edge off?

Hope this helps (I know it sounds a bit negative but if you keep at it you are sure to reap your rewards - everyone on here loses once there bodies get into the new healthy way!

Ps - I am being cheeky but if you got time to go Mcca D's then you could do 10 mins exercise instead! Come on you can do it!!

Good Luck Hun x
  • abbilouise
    Options
    Morning hun!!!

You totally right I just have to give it time and it is very different to the atkins, and I am very hungry I must admit! But I really want to try and not eat inbetween meals and be good, I think I will go up before I start to steadly go down.

As for Mcd's its next to where I work talk about tourture!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had time for excercise I would, but during the week its impossible, I leave the house at 6.20am and I dont get home till 8 - 9 pm, the last thing on my mind then is the gym.

However I am moving home soon, and will have a longer walk to the train station every day so thats a bit better for me :O)

Thanks Jay!

x
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you are really hungry between meals you should have a little snack. If you dont then you are less likely to keep up because you will always feel miserable. Have a big glass of water and a snack. You have only just started this way of eating so you would be better having a few snacks for a few weeks until you get back into eating normal food and then cut it down once things get a bit easier for you.
    Even if you go over by a 100 or so calories for the first week or so you will still be eating less calories than you burn so its not all bad!

As for Macca D's - Forget moving house - get a new job!! OMG That is torture x
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Thanks hun, I know i know, its just sooo hard, and its only now that I regret eating like a pig for all those months, but I am a foodie and always will be. I'm not good at waiting for anything, weight loss especially!!!

Thanks for the support though

:O)

x

I understand completely, I too am a foodie! My partner and I cook loads and we love to eat very good food. I used to have the same portion sizes as my 6'"6 boyfriend because I love the food we cook. :blushing: it also didn't help that I :heart: to bake and got an amazing cookbook for christmas! I miss not really having deserts but am trying to find things that are lower in calories and still delicious.

My downfall atm is the fruit as I always go way over my sugar! :tongue:

It is good to belong to this community as we can support each other! :bigsmile:

xx
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Just remember that today is a new day an a new day to make your body and life style change..( this is what I say to myself every morning when I get up),, Belive me I am own that struggles with dieting also..I have found that just watching my fat and calorie intake has been going well for me..plus I also tried the Jillian Michaels Detox , I was very skeptic of this but thought what can it hurt so I tried it and was 100% pleased with it ..I have more energy, and just feel great my stomach does not feel bloted. I wish you the "BEST OF LUCK" and remember you can do this, just like I can...
  • abbilouise
    Options
    Thanks guys, awww everyone is so nice, and I agree its great to have a place like this to help us along the way!

I will do this with your help!

x
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good morning :)

I tried the South Beach diet once and lost a little weight but had a very difficult time staying with it. I've tried counting calories, cutting out sugar, no sweet tea, blah blah blah and I have found that the only way is...

is...

is...

EXERSIZE...

I know :(( it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

but you can do it.
  • cheermom614
    Options
    I know it sucks when you don't see results. I struggle with the same thing. I've been working out for a month and I don't see any change. My husband says he does but I just think he's crazy!:laugh:

We all just have to stay focused and know that what we are doing IS working...probably much slower than we would like but it's working none the less.