Eating Mexican With Friends Today! HELP!!

christine918
christine918 Posts: 261
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
What in the world can I order at a Mexican Resturant today when I eat out w/ my friends!! Anyone know of anything under 400 calories???

Replies

• jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Yum I love mexican food.

You could always ask for something like an enchilada without the cheese ( so basically a tortilla with chicken and veg in and spices) and avoid sour cream and go for salsa.
    They might even do a lovely salad.
    Don't panic. You will find something on the menu that you might be able to modify (take off cheese or sour cream etc)
    Maybe even go for a veggy option like chilli. The lack of meat will cut calories for you aswell.

Good luck and enjoy! If you go over by 100 or a bit more it is not the end of the world just make sure you eat well for the rest of the day!
  • YIKES!!! Under 400 calories will probably be hard! BUT I did ask my trainer abd she said fijita (spelling) was the best choice! She said try to make one big one and eat veggies and meat alone after that. The tortillas add calories FAST!!! And ship the margarita (my favorite part of Mexican) Good luck!!! Also, I have one of the Eat This not That books and its has a few Mexican places in that!!! You can probably look stuff up on the food counter and see what is lowest....thts what I did because Im eaating at Chick-Fil-A today!!!
  • MAybe even try to add a little extra excersise....then they say you can have more calories!!!!
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    I agree with Robin - fajitas are the way to go. You can control your meat portion and have as many peppers and onions you want. I also ask for a side of limes. They provide a really nice condiment of flavor for no calories. Enjoy!
  • Thanks for the help!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    also ask that they not prepare your meat and veggies in butter! those are hidden calories... just put some salsa on top. and if you like the relish (carrots, onions, and peppers) dump that on top. spicy foods are said to help speed your metabolism! enjoy

now i'm hungry! :)
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    I would probably eat very low calorie for the rest of the day and make sure you workout. I had this problem with Mimi's cafe breakfast. I ended up going over my 500 deficit but I didn't go over the BMR calories. So, I ended up even for the day. I retained a lot of water though due to the salt.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    I always get Tacos Al Carbon, not sure if they have the same thing but all it is is carne asada steak in corn tortillas topped with onions and cilantro, they are sooooo good!
This discussion has been closed.