good ways to deal with stress

Options
what are ways to deal with stress. does anyone have any? ..... besides turning to food of course

Replies

• SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of asking the same question. The only thing I can think to do besides indulging in poor eating habits ( either not eating at all or binging on chocolate) would be to have a long chat with one of my sisters or go for a walk.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I would say a good workout like zumba or swimming.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I concur, good hard exercise and I also like to immerse myself into one of my hobbies to distract myself when it does get stressful.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    A good workout does the trick for me. Running, cycling, lifting, etc.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Either go to the gym or if I am really stressed I clean like crazy!!!
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    Breathing exercises are nice. I don't do them all the time, but I've found that just taking 5-10 minutes to sit and focus on my breathing can really help me during a stressful time.

And of course, exercise. I run during my lunch break at work almost every day, and I absolutely love it. It energizes me for the afternoon, bleeds off nervous energy I may have that day, and gives me an hour or so of time to just think about all the things I want to accomplish, or to think through issues, problems, etc.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yoga or Pilates!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Exercise
    Writing out your feelings
    Watch a comedy
    Do things you enjoy
    Talk it out, don't bottle it up <--- most important.
  • neilbrotherton
    neilbrotherton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    go got a long walk an listen to your favorite type of music so it can relax you, or go for a good workout