How many calories

Options
So I am using myfitnesspal to keep track of my sugar and sat. fat and a few other things. I don't really care about the calories I am at a healthy weight and feel good about myself I don't need to loose weight or anything. I eat fairly healthy but I do have a question. I am supposed to eat 1530 calories a day. probably more. I work out every single day and burn probably at least 200. At the end of the day I still have about 900 calories left. To me that doesn't seem right. Is this a bad thing am I not getting enough to eat? I'm not hungry or anything though so I don't want to force myself to eat stuff. Any thoughts?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    after a prolong period of being this far under your body may go into starvation mode, which can have many negative side effects, one of which is gaining weight, or loosing muscle.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    If you are only consuming about 800-900 calories a day even with excercise...this is VERY low. I would be a bit concerned as well.

Maybe your body is already in starvation mode which is why you are not losing any weight with such a dramatic calorie defecit.

At least you are in a good position that you are happy with your current weight. I am not sure if this is exactly sound advice but if it were me, I would try to increase my calories by increments of 100 every week or two until you were able to eat normal without gaining weight.

I am sure you are not feeling "hungry" because your body is used to this defecit. What I would be concerned about is what type of negative impact this wasting phase is having on your body long term.

In college I had a friend who ran 5 miles every day and claimed that she couldn't eat more than 600 calories a day or she would start to gain weight. Her metabolism was so whacked! I think your metabolism might need some tweaking also.

Have you considered talking to a doctor about this? It might be worth running a few tests to see where you are at.

Either way, it would be my goal to correct this because of the long term damage.

Best of luck.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Since you're already at a healthy weight and feeling good I don't see any reason to force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. Everybody's metabolism is different; listen to your body. :flowerforyou: