What to do with frozen bananas?

Options
ToughTulip
ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
Besides smoothies and protein shakes?

I stocked up on bananas since I get them free from one of my jobs. I have about 25 of them in the freezer xD But now it is WAY too cold for me to have a protein shake in the morning! Any other ideas?

Replies

• MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Throw them like boomerangs!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Throw them like boomerangs!

But be careful, it's gonna come back and bite you.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Put them in the food processor they will turn into ice-cream yum.
  • TonaFierro
    Options
    I use them in my smoothies!
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I peel banana's and wrap them in cling wrap and freeze them... and then eat them like an ice block! so yummy!!
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dip in dark chocolate??

Make WG Banana bread?

Throw them out?
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    I peel banana's and wrap them in cling wrap and freeze them... and then eat them like an ice block! so yummy!!

I didn't think about just eating them plain!
    I could drizzle a little chocolate syrup over them and chop them up

Yum!
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    Dip in dark chocolate??

Make WG Banana bread?

Throw them out?

Was thinking about making baked oatmeal, muffins, banana bread or something with them after talking with a friend!

I wasn't sure if freezing them would effect the quality when used in baking xD
  • thr33martins
    Options
    Dip in dark chocolate??

Make WG Banana bread?

Throw them out?

Was thinking about making baked oatmeal, muffins, banana bread or something with them after talking with a friend!

Freezing them makes then BETTER in baking. Thaw, mash up, and throw the in with all the liquid. It is a low-carb nightmare, but a culinary dream.
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    Dip in dark chocolate??

Make WG Banana bread?

Throw them out?

Freezing them makes then BETTER in baking. Thaw, mash up, and throw the in with all the liquid. It is a low-carb nightmare, but a culinary dream.

Never knew until today! Since I always just used fresh.

Works great since I eat a ton of calories/carbs and am a culinary science major :D
    (why didn't they teach me this LOL)
  • thr33martins
    Options
    Dip in dark chocolate??

Make WG Banana bread?

Throw them out?

Never knew until today! Since I always just used fresh.

Works great since I eat a ton of calories/carbs and am a culinary science major :D
    (why didn't they teach me this LOL)

My husband is a (real, legit) Chef, I am a kickass home-kitchen cook and baker. Food is our life (hence the need to lose a few pounds). There are many things that your Nana could teach you, that your culinary professor would have no idea about. Experience trumps education! Gain your own experience by taking chances all the time. Eventually you will have learned enough that all of your guesses turn out to be right. :wink:
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    So far I have not taken many cooking classes! I learn from my grandmom and on my own. I am a pretty good cook for 20! My baking needs a little work though xD

Culinary science, so I learn more about them chemistry, nutrition, safety, and such behind it. Makes me feel silly when I don't even know what to do with frozen bananas! xD
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can make easy banana icecream, there's a few hot baked banana recipes too. If your banana doesn't turn soft enough for icecream, add a tiny amount of buttermilk.