Who doesn't eat their exercise calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories. Don't screw with your body when it comes to proper nutrition. If you burn a lot doing exercise and don't replace it, your body WILL begin to break down muscle tissue to get what it needs to function. So yes, you will still lose weight, but you will lose muscle and keep (most) of your fat. I don't think that's what anyone wants when they say they want to lose weight. If it is, then by all means don't eat back your exercise calories.

Do your body a favor and feed it what it needs. Do it the healthy way.

Ok, but what if you're not hungry? That's my problem....trust me, I would eat if I was hungry, but I'm not. What should one do in that circumstance?

Try nibbling on some nuts! Good nutrition, good calories. Try cinnamon almonds and I gaurantee you'll get hooked on them because they taste so good it won't matter if you're hungry or not!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories. Don't screw with your body when it comes to proper nutrition. If you burn a lot doing exercise and don't replace it, your body WILL begin to break down muscle tissue to get what it needs to function. So yes, you will still lose weight, but you will lose muscle and keep (most) of your fat. I don't think that's what anyone wants when they say they want to lose weight. If it is, then by all means don't eat back your exercise calories.

Ok, but what if you're not hungry? That's my problem....trust me, I would eat if I was hungry, but I'm not. What should one do in that circumstance?
    Do you like peanut butter? 100 calories a tablespoon. Almonds? Fantastic snack, high in calories and good fat. *note - not all fat is bad fat folks. What do you like to eat and how many calories are we talking about on a daily basis that you are leaving out there and not eating?
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    34at35 - Great minds think alike. :drinker:

Almonds are the common thread. Nuts pretty much in general.
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Try a recovery drink after your workout like Myoplex Lite (~170 calories). They are high in protein and will help build muscle. A handful of almonds is also great for you, high in calories and not very filling.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    34at35 - Great minds think alike. :drinker:

Almonds are the common thread. Nuts pretty much in general.

Been told that! And it spans the generations! Yours and Mine! :laugh: High Five!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that, in many cases, the reason that people lose weight who DO NOT eat their exercise calories (and don't lose when they do) is because they have overestimated their activity levels and/or calories burned via exercise.

The difference between lightly active and active is usually several hundred calories. One can easily overestimate how many calories you burned during aerobics by 100-200 or more calories. This would completely eliminate any perceived deficit, leaving one at their maintenance, unable to lose any weight.

Bottom line, trial and error. Find out what works for you, personally. But make sure you are fueling your body adequately, no matter how you arrive at your goal calories.
  • tzvishear
    Options
    i try to keep under the exercise calories just in case i made a mistake in calculating calories during the day.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Totally off topic...YOU ARE SMOKIN HOT!