Chocolate substitute???

Options
I'm a serious chocaholic and am finding it really difficult to cut it out of my diet - does anyone know any alternatives that will dull down my cravings? xxx

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it, but going to today.. Dark Chocolate.. I hear that if you nibble it, it will reduce your craving.. or what I have been doing is buy sugar free fudgsicles... They def hit the spot, they are 40 cal each!!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like Jello sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding, its only 70 calories for a half a cup and top it will fat free cool whip! YUM!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate in my freezer and allow myself one a day. I've really aquired a taste for dark chocolate, and I've always been a milk chocolate kind of girl.

Another alternative would be to purchase the Deep Chocolate Vita Muffins. They are very chocolaty, VERY tasty and only 100 calories. Plus they're loaded with vitamins, protein and fiber. I highly recommend them. You don't have to just get rid of chocolate, you can easily work it into your day. :flowerforyou:
  • freakshow4hire
    Options
    that sounds amazing but I live in the UK - can you get all of these things here? xx
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I bought a 40-oz bag of the Hershey's minitures. I eat 1 piece a day to get my chocolate fix and that helps a ton! Sometimes I eat 2 when I really "need" it, but at 40 calories each, it's workable into my diet. Some days I don't eat any at all. I've had the bag for almost 2 months now and I'm not even halfway through :happy:
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    Choc. Cheerios cereal is really good and curbs the chocolate craving for me.....I hope you find something you like!!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    that sounds amazing but I live in the UK - can you get all of these things here? xx

hmmmm.....not sure about the vita muffins - but you can go to their website and see if they have them in the UK. - http://www.vitalicious.com - and if you don't have Dove chocolate, just find your favorite chocolate brand but in dark chocolate and keep it in the freezer. The Dove pieces I buy are bite sized and have bits of almond in them. Very tasty :tongue:
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also am a chocoholic and I have found that they only want to keep from eating a ton at once is to stay away from it all together, it takes about 2 weeks of not even smelling it before your body will ease up on the cravings but it's oh so worth it. If I even have a tiny bite of chocolate then I start craving it like crazy and will eat the whole bag so it's best to just stay away

I did just buy some nutella to fill in those extra calories that need to be eaten, I noticed that it had alot less sodium than peanut butter and was similar in fat and calories so I went for it. YUMMM!!! it has a very strong chocolate flavor because it has cocoa in it but it does not drive me to want more and more.
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    Choc. Cheerios cereal is really good and curbs the chocolate craving for me.....I hope you find something you like!!!

Ditto and there are other good chocolatey cereals that work, you can even eat them dry to avoid the milk calories.
    There are alot of really good 100 calorie packs of snacks: chocolate covered pretzels, cupcakes, brownies. Oh and cereal/granola bars that have chocolate in them. I love the special K chocolate and Quaker LF smores.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Low fat Hot Chocolate! It lasts longer than eating something solid, but I still get my craving taken care of. Usually it costs me 50 calories for 20 minutes of bliss! :)
  • freakshow4hire
    Options
    nutella! i never even thought of that! i'll deffinately give that one a go and i'll check out this VitaMuffins website :) thanks guys xx
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I can't cut anything out of my diet or I want it ever so much more. I have started giving myself a piece of dark chocolate everyday--mmmm. It is good for you as it opens up your blood vessels--when taken in moderation. I love the dark chocolate hershey's bliss. Low in cals and one as you let it melt in your mouth really tastes good.
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options
    I like Emerald 100 Calorie pack Cocoa roast almonds. To me they taste like chocolate covered almonds.
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I am craving chocolate I eat a 100 calorie bag of chocolate covered pretzels! Yum :)
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Breyers has a 100 calories ice cream sandwich in vanilla or chocolate ice cream & skinny cow makes a 50 calories ice cream bar.
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    Skinny cow-Skinny dippers. They are vanilla or mint icecream dipped in chocolate, one is 80 calories and they are yummy!!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Have a look at my Hot chocolate post. I have the same problem you do. Can't live without it.
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.. Nutellaaaa!!