Replies

• rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just had soup for lunch - New Covent Garden Plum Tomato. Yum.

I do make homemade soup when I have the time, but love the New Coent Garden soups for when I don't.
  • mkstirp
    mkstirp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As I am scrolling through I am eating Campbells cream of potato with dried beef and baby pearl onions added Warm and yummy
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    We have started a tradition for the fall/winter in our house: Soup Sunday. Make a new soup recipe each Sunday. My husband is loving it. Fresh soup tastes amazing a servings are under 300 calories for any I am making. Make a large pot on Sunday and save the rest for the week. Helps the waistline and the wallet. And a homemade soup beats canned any day!
    I love this idea!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Totally agree and love soup!

Just be careful about the sodium though. Some soups can have a LOAD of sodium, and that's not good for your health either :)
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Love homemade soups. Thanks for posting.
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I hated any type of soup. However, in the last year or so, I have really developed a taste for it! My current favorites are potato & broccoli soup, and chicken veggie soup.
    And this time of year, you have to have a bowl of chili from time to time! I love my traditional chili or white chicken chili either one!
    The only drawback to soup for me is, neither my hubby nor my kids are huge fans of soup!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love batch cooking on Sundays, and soup is usually one of the items on my to-cook list. LOVE having soup for lunch each day and having enough different varieties in the freezer to keep it interesting. I freeze in individual serving ziploc bowls and then pop out into a ziplock bag to store in the freezer. Each morning, I put one of those freezer bags of soup in my lunch bag instead of an icepack to keep everything cold until lunchtime.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    (Marking for later..thanks for the links.)

Can't beat homemade soups for lunches on cool days! I use the slow cooker and make a vegetable soup with added legumes. Great for cleaning out the frig, filling and delicious.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a kick out of the 'cold day' comments. one of my favorite things in the world is conch chowder on a steaming hot island at noon, with additional hot sauce. very favvorite
  • amyfromky
    Options
    I agree. I've eaten it for the last 3 nights. It's so filling. I just make sure to only eat soup I make because canned soup is so full of sodium.
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Options
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A great " can of soup" with low calories, and decent protein is Campbells Go (its in a pouch). I love the Moroccan Chicken. Its great to keep at work as a "just in case" meal. Good luck everyone!

I do this too! I always keep some soup in my office for the "just in case" meals :) I actually did this today! Today it was grilled chicken and vegetable. Just have to watch out for the sodium content in some of them...but they are a great choice most of the time!
  • ariellyn
    ariellyn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Currently eating a cup of Knorr "Cup of Soup!" At 50 calories a cup, it's a great winter snack that leaves you feeling like you've eaten more than a few lettuce leaves. Homemade soup is the bomb too. I'm a big fan of cabbage soup as it's low in calories and has mystical "healing" properties.
  • ware_sarah
    ware_sarah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am very into soup right now...obviously the season calls for it...I just ate some soup and it was delicious!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    We have started a tradition for the fall/winter in our house: Soup Sunday. Make a new soup recipe each Sunday. My husband is loving it. Fresh soup tastes amazing a servings are under 300 calories for any I am making. Make a large pot on Sunday and save the rest for the week. Helps the waistline and the wallet. And a homemade soup beats canned any day!
    Ooh I do this too it's awesome! We've had a few cold days and I've been so thankful for the soup! Just a reminder to everyone that soup freezes incredibly well so there is no risk in making a humongous pot o soup :)
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    *bumpin'*
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.They sound great.
  • Shawntel58
    Shawntel58 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes. :flowerforyou: