Should you exercise the same time everyday ?

Options
Hi Was wondering if it matters if you exercise at different times of the day? Sometime I'll do it in the morning an sometime I do it in the afternoon.. should I be doin it the same time everyday or does it matter? I know my wii fitness says that I should do it the same everyday because your weight can change a few lbs...Wondering if it's helpin me or hurtin me.. Thanks for any advise you may have..

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You should weigh at the same time every day because of daily, sometimes hourly, fluctuations, but when you exercise should be determined by when you can fit it in. It's definitely helping, in lots of ways, not just weight loss.
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not scientific by any means BUT here is my 2 cents. Everyone says your body adjust quickly when you do the same thing over and over. My thought would be if you body never knows when you are going to exercise it cannot adjust so it seems to be a good thing. Just keep track for a while and see if you are losing weight. As long as you are exercising and getting healthier its a win win!!
  • NdBuk
    NdBuk Posts: 25
    Options
    Yeah, your Wii is talking about your body test (Weight etc), not the actual exercise.

Personally, I do exercise at the same time every day. But that's because my main exercise consists of the 5k run to work (and another one back home) and my boss would probably be a bit narked if I varied it....
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i exercise when i can fit it in! my hubby works shifts and my 4 year old only goes to nursery 2 days a week so i have to fit it around everyone else!! i do prefer to exercise in the morning as it makes me feel more positive during the day x
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I tend to exercise before dinner because I need to eat pretty soon afterwards or I get irrationally angry...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The wii is referring to your body weight fluctuating throughout the day.

Exercise time doesn't matter, unless it's going to stop you getting to sleep by doing it right before bed.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    The wii is saying to weigh same time every day, not workout same time every day. Think it's good to keep swapping and changing! Keeps the body guessing! X
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Exercise anytime you wish. It doesn't matter what time you do it or if its different time everyday :)
  • NdBuk
    NdBuk Posts: 25
    Options
    I tend to exercise before dinner because I need to eat pretty soon afterwards or I get irrationally angry...

Yeah, I second that. When I run to work, lunch is generally eaten by 10AM... A few bits of fruit see me happily through to 5PM then about 10 mins after I get home I'm really hungry again...