Inspiration and motivation needed!

So i'm really starting to fall off of the band wagon and it's really getting me down now. I was doing so so well a few months ago, nothing could stop me and now i don't know what's happened, i just constantly want to pig out and eat junk food. No matter how hard i try, i just feel like my heart isn't in it anymore but i desperatly want it to be. Im 5ft3 and am currently 147lbs, my target is 126lbs-132lbs so i don't consider it too far away although it will be if i carry on like this.

Now it's that winter weather again, im constantly catching colds. Had one 3 weeks ago and just woke up yesterday with another :frown: Colds drive me nuts cause not only do i have no energy but they cause me to feel constantly starving no matter what i eat. Just moved house as well and just feel like everythings up in the air with no organisation in my life. Currently having a new kitchen fitted as we speak so can't even efficiantly go about my diet today. It's 11.49am and due to having the kitchen done i've not eaten yet, just sat with my bottle of water :ohwell:

Anyways, i need to get my life back in order. If i could just get to 136lbs for christmas then i'd be one happy bunny. I just need a big kick up the back side to get me in that frame of mind again so please, anyone that can inspire/motivate me to get my *kitten* into healthy mode again, i would hugely apreciate it cause if i carry on like this, i'm just gunna end up depressed about my weight again :frown:

Replies

• Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Anyone???
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Sounds like the wrong thing, but maybe take a couple of days off intentionally, don't monitor what you eat as much or exercise unless you feel like it. Just concentrate for a couple of days on doing what you want to or eating what you fancy without stressing over it and hopefully this will refresh you mentally so that you'll feel ready to get back on it.

It can be far more mentally draining than you realise constantly monitoring what we are eating and burning, sometimes just need to let ourselves have a break before kicking on again.

Sure you'll be fine :smile:
  • i wish i knew the magic words! i really do!!
  • Charloo1990
    Sounds like the wrong thing, but maybe take a couple of days off intentionally, don't monitor what you eat as much or exercise unless you feel like it. Just concentrate for a couple of days on doing what you want to or eating what you fancy without stressing over it and hopefully this will refresh you mentally so that you'll feel ready to get back on it.

It can be far more mentally draining than you realise constantly monitoring what we are eating and burning, sometimes just need to let ourselves have a break before kicking on again.

Thanks for the reply, good idea actually :smile:
  • Charloo1990
    i wish i knew the magic words! i really do!!
    Haha i just wish i had a magic wand!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    And if you're constantly getting colds, maybe think about taking some nutritional supplements, ie zinc is good for colds.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    You said if only I could be 136 by Christmas I'd be happy........you are setting yourself up . Be happy now.....and work towards your goal. If you make it great if not....you are farther ahead than you are now. If you've been sick well....we all eat a little more when we are sick. You know what you need to do...either track better or exercise more or both. But don't let 136 make you happy. Be happy now and take the focus off of you got to be 136 by christmas.....enjoy your life on the way . I'd love to be your weight....I'm 10 lbs heavier. Talk about depressing......but it's a slow process. Good luck. But be happy where you are and you'll be happy on your journey. You'll make it don't put so much pressure on yourself.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    You said if only I could be 136 by Christmas I'd be happy........you are setting yourself up . Be happy now.....and work towards your goal. If you make it great if not .... ~ .... But be happy where you are and you'll be happy on your journey.

All of this.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You said if only I could be 136 by Christmas I'd be happy........you are setting yourself up . Be happy now.....and work towards your goal. If you make it great if not....you are farther ahead than you are now. If you've been sick well....we all eat a little more when we are sick. You know what you need to do...either track better or exercise more or both. But don't let 136 make you happy. Be happy now and take the focus off of you got to be 136 by christmas.....enjoy your life on the way . I'd love to be your weight....I'm 10 lbs heavier. Talk about depressing......but it's a slow process. Good luck. But be happy where you are and you'll be happy on your journey. You'll make it don't put so much pressure on yourself.

this!

it sounds like you have a bit going on at the moment, so why not start at maintenance so you're not putting any more weight on? set your cals on MFP to maintenance and then just work on getting at least 5 portion sof fruit and veg a day, which'll help with gettign colds all the time, and if you can fit in some exercise then thats a bonus.

dont put yourself under too much pressure, as stress just makes weight loss harder!
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member

I have to agree with the above. take it one day at a time. We are all here to help and be helped. be happy now and just keep plugging away.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member

this!

it sounds like you have a bit going on at the moment, so why not start at maintenance so you're not putting any more weight on? set your cals on MFP to maintenance and then just work on getting at least 5 portion sof fruit and veg a day, which'll help with gettign colds all the time, and if you can fit in some exercise then thats a bonus.

dont put yourself under too much pressure, as stress just makes weight loss harder!

This is also some great advise.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Good morning!
    For me different thing seem to motivate me over years, and I have to find what works for this period of time. Don't compare yourself against other people, because you are unique. One thing does stand true - stick to your plan. You might have to tweak it as you go.

There are few basics that are important to stick to, like
    1) take a quality multi-vitamin. I like Alive brand, because they have minerals that other vitamins don't have.
    2) get enough sleep
    3) have protein for breakfast, it will keep you feeling full for the rest of the day and will give you energy. Some protein options would be eggs, turkey hotdog or turkey sausage, Greek yogurt, fruit & vegetable smoothie with protein supplement.
    3) Do physical activity that gives you a workout, get's your heart pumping. This is different for different people. Find something that you enjoy and you will get hooked on it, it will become part of you weekly routine.

If you loose weight too fast, you will be loosing muscle, and then when you gain it back, you will be gaining fat, but having less muscle it will be harder to get rid of new weight gained. You are so young, it is a great age to start on getting in great shape and stay there.

In this race we want to be turtle not the hare, because we will win at the end. It is a process, and it takes time. You will get there if you stick to your goals. Slow and steady is what you want for a long term success. Take my word for it, you still will be wanting to look hot and your absolute best when you are 25, 35, 45, 55.... and so on.
  • You said if only I could be 136 by Christmas I'd be happy........you are setting yourself up . Be happy now.....and work towards your goal. If you make it great if not....you are farther ahead than you are now. If you've been sick well....we all eat a little more when we are sick. You know what you need to do...either track better or exercise more or both. But don't let 136 make you happy. Be happy now and take the focus off of you got to be 136 by christmas.....enjoy your life on the way . I'd love to be your weight....I'm 10 lbs heavier. Talk about depressing......but it's a slow process. Good luck. But be happy where you are and you'll be happy on your journey. You'll make it don't put so much pressure on yourself.

this!

This is also some great advise.

Agree with all of it! I think we all can agree that any added stress just makes all of this harder. With so much going on, it's hard to find the time to fit in workouts, and it's pretty easy to find comfort in food when overly stressed. I know that's the case for me!

Just keep your head up and don't get down on yourself. Life will always get in the way of things.. so let it.. and when things calm down, pick back up where you left off!
  • Charloo1990
    Having just come off the phone to my mum (emotional phone call), this has totally cheered me up, thanks so much :smile:

Thanks everyone for the advice, gunna take it on board. I know everyone says "i'll start tomorrow" but this time i mean it. Finding it hard to diet today with people in fitting the new kitchen not to mention im emotional and feel like crap so me and my sister have decided to have one last blow out and then tomorrow it's a new start here on out. Great advice though, thank you :)
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    eat like a diabetic...it will come back off.
  • I find you always need to keep a level of focus, but not go overboard and be hard on yourself when it goes pearshaped at times. Be aware of what your doing, but just try keep thinking ahead. Your diet doesnt fail after a few days - everyone has times when you just have break away for a while. Its not a bad thing, if anything I found that to be good and brings back the early determination.

It does get tiring, the initial rewards are great but maintaining that is diffcult and sometimes people feel they should be continuing that beyond the initial euphoria - reality is finding balance between your diet, your fitness and the things life throws at you (including health etc).

As always mentioned on here - use the people here for support. Its what the community is for and can be very rewarding to know others have already walked the path you have already.

All the very best.
  • Charloo1990
    Good morning!
    For me different thing seem to motivate me over years, and I have to find what works for this period of time. Don't compare yourself against other people, because you are unique. One thing does stand true - stick to your plan. You might have to tweak it as you go.

There are few basics that are important to stick to, like
    1) take a quality multi-vitamin. I like Alive brand, because they have minerals that other vitamins don't have.
    2) get enough sleep
    3) have protein for breakfast, it will keep you feeling full for the rest of the day and will give you energy. Some protein options would be eggs, turkey hotdog or turkey sausage, Greek yogurt, fruit & vegetable smoothie with protein supplement.

If you loose weight too fast, you will be loosing muscle, and then when you gain it back, you will be gaining fat, but having less muscle it will be harder to get rid of new weight gained. You are so young, it is a great age to start on getting in great shape and stay there.

In this race we want to be turtle not the hare, because we will win at the end. It is a process, and it takes time. You will get there if you stick to your goals. Slow and steady is what you want for a long term success. Take my word for it, you still will be wanting to look hot and your absolute best when you are 25, 35, 45, 55.... and so on.
    So true, this has really put things into perspective, thankyou :)
  • starletlove
    starletlove Posts: 53 Member

that can be helpful! really
  • jyotinaik
    jyotinaik Posts: 31 Member
    So i'm really starting to fall off of the band wagon and it's really getting me down now. I was doing so so well a few months ago, nothing could stop me and now i don't know what's happened, i just constantly want to pig out and eat junk food. No matter how hard i try, i just feel like my heart isn't in it anymore but i desperatly want it to be.

I feel exactly like you. I gained 10lbs of the 20lbs that I lost this year :cry:
    I am so disappointed in myself. I tried doing the same things that got me motivated in the first place but they are not working anymore. I'm out of ideas:sad:
  • Its tough when you have so much going on at once. I "fell off" after I hurt my back a few weeks ago and moved over the summer too. If you're a "stress eater" like me, it makes it even harder to on track. I know you're looking for a goal by Christmas, but for me, it helped to focus on getting organized and taking the time for my body to heal. I'm back now, and I did gain a little, but not as much as I thought. :smile:
    Good luck