Recipes

Options
Is there any where on this site where you can put a recipe in and have it calculate the calories per serving?

Replies

• annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    there isn't here but here are 2 sites that I use

this one just copy and paste the recipe, you will have to fool with the names of the ingredients until it recognizes it, but I find that it doesn't have everything
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

I prefer this one even though it takes longer, it has more items in it.
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • TooFat4Me
    Options
    Great! I'll check them out!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I agree with annastasia76 about preferring sparkpeople over caloriecount. It is more work, but I like being able to pick the ingredients rather than have a computer system try to figure out what I meant. I feel like it is more accurate that way.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've found that the most accurate is nutritiondata.com. It works kind of the way the sparkpeople one does.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to use that one without creating an account? I couldn't find a way. I wouldn't mind trying it, but I get enough junk emails without signing up for yet another webiste I may or may not use.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to use that one without creating an account? I couldn't find a way. I wouldn't mind trying it, but I get enough junk emails without signing up for yet another webiste I may or may not use.

You can use both the caloiecount and the sparkpeople ones without setting up an account.

I've only gotten one welcoming email from nutritiondata so far. I probably opted out of receiving emails, though!
  • TooFat4Me
    Options
    This is great! This is the first time I've asked a question and I feel like you gals in are at my kitchen table talking over coffee...heeheee