going down a size

shamm08
shamm08 Posts: 109
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
About how much weight do you have to lose before going down a size? I know that everyone is different I just curious to when I wil be able to get into my size 10 jeans.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I'm not really sure... I really think it is different for everyone.... I am currently in between sizes... Sounds crazy! BUT, the size I'm in right now is really loose, but the size below it is not really comfortable to me...still feels a little tight. Oh, the amazing human body! :grumble: Especially being a women!! :laugh: things are really different!!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Generally, it is 8-10 ibs, but as was mentioned before me, it really depends on the person, the body type, and muscle mass. Good luck! Somehow I squeezed into my 8's today for a luncheon. Hopefully I don't bust out of them later. LOL.
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    It depends more on how many inches you lose rather than weight. I pretty much weigh the same as I did when I wore a 6, but now that I have toned up I am down to a 4. Focus on the measuring tape more than the scale is my motto.
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    for me it's about every 8lbs but like everyone else has said, everybody is different
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    I have to agree that it is about the inches. At one point, I went down 18lbs but was still a size 18! And then I gained them back, plus 7 lbs and was still an 18! Granted, they did fit different, but nonetheless, the number was the same! Focus on your inches if you really would like to determine how quickly you will drop a size!

Also, I weigh 80 lbs more now than I did 7 years ago, but I have only gone up 4 sizes....if that is the case, and you want to use weight to determine it, these numbers show an average of 20lbs per size. But this is against my body shape, height, etc.

Hope this helps!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    You can go down sizes and not loose any weight or it may take more than 20 pounds. You are right everyone is different. In the past 2.5 years I lost 14 pounds and went from having 31" waist pants tight to wearing 29" somewhat loose. For my upper body I wore a small before and still do.
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    God I love my taylor!!! I too am between sizes, especially my favorite style of jeans. I have 3 pair, practically brand new (I didn't stay the larger size for long in this journay of moving downwards :blushing: ). They go great with boots but I can get my fist into the waist band now. Took them to the taylor -- $15 (less than 1/2 the cost of new) and a nip-tuck of the waist. They fit and look beautiful! :bigsmile:

Eco friendly too: saved money and recycled :wink:
This discussion has been closed.