WHY?!?!?!?!

kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does the "bad for you" "stay away from it" food have to be sooooo good?!!! Oh, the irony of life! :frown:

Replies

• nikkie77
    nikkie77 Posts: 8 Member
    I feel your pain:sad: , but everyday I eat a cheat food, but I try to only eat one true serving. I have also turned to gum and hard candy to help with my sweet tooth.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    :smile: I kow what you mean.

That said--I have to say that I no longer prefer the 'bad-for-you' 'stay away from' foods over my healthier foods. Sometimes I actually get a sick feeling when I'm near a fast food place because of the smell of the grease!:laugh:

Also, I never made ANY food off-limits. I used moderation and added healthier foods to my daily diet and now I hardly ever have or crave the other things!
  • kandyjo
    LOL....glad I'm not the only one...

I Have gotten much, MUCH better these days... I can resist a lot "easier" than I used to... But pizza still tastes sooooo good :love: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member

That said--I have to say that I no longer prefer the 'bad-for-you' 'stay away from' foods over my healthier foods. Sometimes I actually get a sick feeling when I'm near a fast food place because of the smell of the grease!:laugh:

Also, I never made ANY food off-limits. I used moderation and added healthier foods to my daily diet and now I hardly ever have or crave the other things!

I'm the same way Kathy! I used to crave that gross food, but now, when I do allow myself to eat it I feel sick and yucky!! :sick: Give me my celery and carrot sticks any day over a Big Mac! I even plan out my meals so that I'm not stuck somewhere and HAVE to stop to eat someplace with that kind of food. The "me" of 10 years ago would never believe that I am saying these things!!

But...the one exception that I will NEVER give up...french fries. What is it about french fries. I can never have to many of them and they are often good no matter where they are from. Hmmm...maybe I should start a french fry thread...hmmm. Ode to the French Fry! :laugh:
  • pmjsmom
    LOL....glad I'm not the only one...

I Have gotten much, MUCH better these days... I can resist a lot "easier" than I used to... But pizza still tastes sooooo good :love: :laugh: :laugh:

Pizza doesn't HAVE to be bad--check out all the alternatives and include the calories in your plan BEFORE eating. (I really like the Papa Murphys DeLight pizzas.)
  • kandyjo

I'm the same way Kathy! I used to crave that gross food, but now, when I do allow myself to eat it I feel sick and yucky!! :sick: Give me my celery and carrot sticks any day over a Big Mac! I even plan out my meals so that I'm not stuck somewhere and HAVE to stop to eat someplace with that kind of food. The "me" of 10 years ago would never believe that I am saying these things!!

But...the one exception that I will NEVER give up...french fries. What is it about french fries. I can never have to many of them and they are often good no matter where they are from. Hmmm...maybe I should start a french fry thread...hmmm. Ode to the French Fry! :laugh:

OOooooooo FRENCH FRIES!!! I have been making my own at home... I figure they are at least a little healthier than the fast food ones.... I put seasoning on them and bake them (I just wedge up a potato)...
  • pmjsmom

I was never a french fry fan but I cannot give up the occasional pizza meal!:laugh:
  • kandyjo
    I really wanted pizza the other day for lunch, so I went to Wal-Mart and got one of those Healthy Choice pizzas... It was tiny, but it was tasty... Low calories too.... So, I got my pizza fix without breaking the caloire bank :wink:
This discussion has been closed.