Hi from Russia!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, I don't really log my food here but I like the message boards so here I am :)

I do frequent MiDailyDiet as well as post on tumblr: 50kgRussianBallerina.tumblr.com

I'm a pre-professional ballet student studying in Russia (I'm not from here, though, I board at the school) and I guess that's about the most important info about me, haha!

Nice to meet you all! I'm excited to start adding friends on here!

Replies

• 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    Aw =[
    It's so lonely in here...

I'll just sit by myself in the cold, dark corner while I wait.

Haha, ok, maybe I'm overreacting -_-
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm new here, I don't really log my food here but I like the message boards so here I am :)

I do frequent MiDailyDiet as well as post on tumblr: 50kgRussianBallerina.tumblr.com

I'm a pre-professional ballet student studying in Russia (I'm not from here, though, I board at the school) and I guess that's about the most important info about me, haha!

Nice to meet you all! I'm excited to start adding friends on here!

Can you see Sarah Palins house from where you are?
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh wow !!! I'm just learning to speak russian :flowerforyou:
    Nice to have met you

Vy budete moim drugom ? :embarassed:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Be careful, rules are English only in the main forums, so that moderators know what is being said.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    hahahahah!
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    Haha, no, I can't see Sarah Palin's house! Good thing, too -_-

Sapphire, ochen priyatna! Konechno, chto, budem byt druz'ya! A pochemu ty izuchaesh russkij yazyk?

IronSmasher, oops, sorry ;)
    But my main language is English, no need to worry. Maybe the moderators should be multilingual? Lol! They can hire me if they want, I desperately need funding to continue my education!!
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Same here, moderators! Will translate for workout clothes money :D
  • lulu241
    Options
    Hello and welcome from Lincolnshire, England :smile:
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    Put it on the record that I asked before Savvy!! LOL ;P
    I am available for English, Hebrew, and Russian. And high school level Spanish. Ahahaha!

Hi Lulu!!! I want to go to England once. I'd love to try tea time =] I hardly know what clotted cream is, but it sounds AMAZING, just saying the words in a British accent makes me think of a mouth full of rich and sweet cream or something. And I LOVE scones. And tea biscuits. I think I would do well in England then, right? But my weight wouldn't like it too much. Lol, I'm only joking, but...only half joking :)
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I agree, I wouldn't make it in England. I would eat everything in sight! haha :tongue:
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ok, yes 50kgRussianBallerina was first, but I'll fill in with French, Italian, and German. And lower-level Swedish. Between the two of us, we'll get a lot of it covered! :)
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Ya govoryu po russki ;)
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    GoGlam - Klassno! Ty iz Rossii?

Savvy - Sounds good! And what kind of pay should we demand?

shiraLA - Dunno about you, but I would have no problem saying no thanks to Blood Pudding and such ;)
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome (dobro pozhalovat') :)

Say hello to my motherland. It has been a long time since I left. Ya tozhe govoryu po Russki. Ran'she zhil na Ukraine v Har'kove. Teper' v Amerike, v Vashingtone.

Udachi v shkole. Esli est' kakie to voprosy po diete, pishi. Vsegda rad otvetit'. :)

Good luck
    Udachi

:)
  • fried_potato
    Options
    Hi, I am actually from Russia :)
    You talk about English food... but our food is even more tasty and addictive. I used to eat pancakes with sour cream and jam when I was a child... and our pancakes are thinner, tastier and more fattening!

Good luck to all of you, it would be nice if you add me as a friend.
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    alexveksler - spasibo!!

****ingsun - I agree 150%!! The food here is so good. Just on Sunday I had syrniki with sour cream for breakfast and oooh it was amazing. My ballet school makes excellent food too, and all very healthy. I love the food here! In fact, it has helped me lose weight. I eat REAL food now, and a MUCH higher fat diet than I ever used to (not scared of fat anymore!), and it's definitely made a difference in how I feel, in my health, and in my weight (helps lose weight).

One of my favorite treats here is Syrok ^_^ oooooooh my god it is so delicious. Ah!!

Last night for dinner we had Plov with beef, and I'm hoping that maybe tonight we will have gretchka or kotlety or, even better, both ;)
  • Privyet. :)

I'm not from Russia, but I lived in Russia for a couple of years and am a complete Russophile. Just got a degree in Russian here in New Zealand. I want to be back there.

Feel free to add me! Russian food is the best in the world. Ah, syrki... I miss them. And the kefir. And the solyanka. And the Kroshka Kartoshka. And the...
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    sars, that's awesome, where in Russia did you live?

Haven't had Kroshka Katroshka but I saw it in the airport in Moscow, lol.

And I am eating a syrok as we speak :P