"Is there anybody out there?"

Options
Question....Did any of you not lose a thing in the first weeks or month of counting calories and then, like a switch drop a few-5lbs? I see people on here that drop 5 the first week or two then is the loss slows but is it possible for your body to "freeze up" in the very beginning? I have changed my diet so dramatically lately, ie. vegetarian for 2 years now eating lean meats ect. I am wondering if I've really thrown my body for a loop. Also how many days after TOM would you say I can weigh and get the most accurate reading? Thanks

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Considering the calories and fat in meats, I would say that there would not be a loss because you are adding, not necessarily minusing, unless your eating habits were really bad before...I'm really now sure, though, its a great question!
  • kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know that changing to or from vegetarian is a shock to the system. The Dalai Lama developed health problems over being a vegetarian so he changed to being a part-time vegetarian. Every other day he eats meat, every other day he doesn't. That way he gets the benefit of both. I went to vegetarianism and developed health problems. I now eat meat but not every day. I think my body is happier that way.
  • seekingshare2
    Options
    KarmasBFF you have just aboutthe same goals as I do. It will be rough going but I think it is definitely do-able. Good luck to you, it seem like you are off to a great start.
  • heinz4u
    heinz4u Posts: 14
    Options
    I lost 18 lbs the first month and sec month 8 then i had 2 weeks stayed the same i added some extra and different workouts and food choices i also changed my calorie count some have to do that as you lose weight..Im stalled again this week and some water weight not sure whats going on...im sure Ive shocked my body. I tried the veg without meat not good for my body i was to run down so i try to watch the meats and when and how i eat meat to help. i get alot of protein in other foods also...good luck and keep us posted...
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I lost 18 lbs the first month and sec month 8 then i had 2 weeks stayed the same i added some extra and different workouts and food choices i also changed my calorie count some have to do that as you lose weight..Im stalled again this week and some water weight not sure whats going on...im sure Ive shocked my body. I tried the veg without meat not good for my body i was to run down so i try to watch the meats and when and how i eat meat to help. i get alot of protein in other foods also...good luck and keep us posted...

When you say changed your calorie count, did you change it up or down?