Fit Bit

Options
scribb
scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
Can someone tell me the diff between the fit bit and a pedometer besides that the Fit Bit links to your computer.

Replies

• HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    It estimates calorie burn for the entire day. I use it to get a read out on my TDEE every day. That gives me a better handle on how much to eat every day. It also tells you that YOU ROCK frequently. :smile: Positive reinforcement!
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've read both positive and negative reviews about the fit bit, I don't know what to believe and I'm not crazy about spending a mint for it, I purchased a watch that was supposed to track your steps and spent $49 on it, it doesn't work well, not accurate....so I'm a bit umm hesitant to believe what I read anymore, would like to get someone's honest opinion, I'm a beginner at this working out stuff, started last year and am slowly increasing my workouts to fit my needs so I'm not looking for something intense and super expensive, would just like an accurate gauge of my actions all day!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    They are accurate but been lots of problems with the synching with MFP. Do a search- most people love them and hopefully synchimg problems will be resolved. I have a Tanita PD724 which is much cheaper as a basic but accurate pedometer.