healthiest pizza joint

Options
for that friday night craving which is the healthiest? Pizza Hut? Papa Johns? xx

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Neither- it is white flour crust and cheese. Eat a couple of slices of whatever you like best, fit them into your calories, and enjoy. If a couple slices don't fit into your calorie goals, do a little extra exercise to make it fit. Above all else, like EVERYTHING with losing and maintaining, it is all about portion control.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I would just get a quality pizza! And enjoy it. You aren't going to find something that is going to fit the definition of healthy IMO

Pizza Hut... Bleh!
  • lsiberian
    Options
    Beau Jo is the healthiest Pizza I've eaten and it's amazing. Unfortunately there isn't one in my area. Of course we have legit Italian Pizza down here.

Avoid the fast food chains and go to a local place.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a quality local joint... and a thin crust veggie option.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think the healthiest is Skips pizzza. Lean people seem to skip pizza LOL.

Seriously, I Love pizza but transformed it from a regular menu item to a treat. I prefer a local place that makes good fresh pizza with quality ingredients.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    One pizza place that I found shockingly good... Dominos... Yeah I said it!

Try the Pacific Veggie on thin crust... calories aren't bad for quarter of the pizza.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Go for thin crust

(and, if you're like me, end up eating like eight slices instead of two)
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Save some $$ and make your own!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

Try the Pacific Veggie on thin crust... calories aren't bad for quarter of the pizza.

I freakin love Dominos. nom nom nom
  • danwood2
    Options

They had a bad wrap for a long time... but now whenever we order pizza - we go with Dominos.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Dominos, their artisan pizzas, esp Tuscan Salami & Roasted Veggie is to die for! It's 150 calories per piece, so you can have a couple pieces and a salad.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I cant do it.. lol. I think of pizza as a treat, but I have to have something on it that had parents. I am a meat eater and eat pretty clean 85% of the time. I go to a local joint. all fresh, very yummy. hand made thin crust. my favorite is Pepperoni, black olives, canadian bacon, Feta and provolone.. darn. I am drooling now.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

you guys are either lying, joking or employees of Dominos. Dominos is on the bottom rung of all pizza places.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

you guys are either lying, joking or employees of Dominos. Dominos is on the bottom rung of all pizza places.

Thank you! :heart:
  • danwood2
    Options

Thank you! :heart:

LOL... nope, but I am a fan. I used to avoid domino's at all cost and went with Pizza Hut or Papa John's due to localle. Now, I didn't say that they were the best pizza ever, I simply said they were shockingly good!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options

^^This^^. i prefer my own homemade pizzas to any chain any day!!!
  • danwood2
    Options

^^This^^. i prefer my own homemade pizzas to any chain any day!!!

After Taco Salad night, I normally get a crust to make some taco pizza. I do need to get better at making my own crust - the Cauliflower crust sounded interesting - but would probably have to pay my wife to at least try it!
  • Modmomma79
    Options
    I love Naked Pizza. I'm not sure if they are in your area, they do promote "healthy" pizza. They even offer a gluten free thin crust as well.
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a quality local joint... and a thin crust veggie option.
    its not a pizza without meat lol xx