Eating Clean

Options
Hello! Quick question . . . does anyone else around here “eat clean”??? I am doing that and I LOVE it! Great lifestyle to live by and am just wondering what are some different breakfast ideas that you have?? My trainer says I need to eat a bigger breakfast as she thinks my protein shake is not cutting it alone. So I’m looking for more ideas besides eggs and turkey bacon. Thanks!

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fruit.
  • ThePoptart
    Options
    Yes! I just started on Monday. I did it about a year and a half ago and had phenomenal results. It's very difficult now though since I'm staying with my mother for a bit. I had a pbj sandwich last night around midnight because I was famished! Just make sure you are getting that filling protein in and tons of complex carbs...the results are very much worth it!
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What is eating clean exactly???
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just started on Monday. I did it about a year and a half ago and had phenomenal results. It's very difficult now though since I'm staying with my mother for a bit. I had a pbj sandwich last night around midnight because I was famished! Just make sure you are getting that filling protein in and tons of complex carbs...the results are very much worth it!

Thank you! I just LOVE it, it's soo healthy and how i honeslty believe we were really intended to eat. I will do more oatmeal and fruits in the morning for sure. i'm jsut always pressed for time so it's nice to pull out something quick to eat. Good luck with your things and I hope things are okay for your mother! maybe you can get her to eat clean as well???
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Eating clean is AMAZING and SO healthy! It's how you should (or could) eat for life, not really a "diet". There is a book I highly recommend by Tosca Rena called "the eat clean diet" (it sounds like a fad diet but the word diet here literally means your everyday diet forever thing). I LOVE it!
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am going to look into this!!
  • SnakePlissken
    SnakePlissken Posts: 34 Member
    Options

It means no processed foods, (very little stuff out of a box). Lot's of fruits and vegetables, many times in a raw state.
    Take a look here at Michi's Ladder. It breaks down food into 5 tiers. If you eat out of the top 3 tiers you'll usually be doing just fine.

http://www.focused-on-fitness.com/nutrition/michis-ladder.php
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    3 0z. Beef Jerky, 9 almonds, fruit
  • irismoon
    Options
    I also just found out about the eat clean diet. Turns out it was what I was trying to do before I even knew it existed! I'm not on it 100% because I can't afford it fully and there are still some healthy foods I like that aren't on it, but I'm doing the best I can. I've started making things homemade more compared to packaged foods that I've lived on for years. As for meal ideals try buying the Woman's World magazines or just flip through it. They always have a "new" diet in them that seems to be repeats of the same food done again a little different each time. It's what I was using before I found the eat clean diet. For breakfast I eat things like whole grain cerals, eggs, whole grain bagel with low fat cheese, and etc. Another way to get ideas is to go to your local health food store. You'd be amazed at all they have sometimes. I've started buying lots of foods from them because it has less chemicals and etc. Walking the healthfood store may also help you get some healthy meal ideas.

Hope that was helpful.