help with my menu plan

Options
Hi Everyone- New here :)
I was wondering if you could take a look at my menu plan and let me know what you think. Any changes or recommendations? I am over on my protein a lot but I am boarder line type 2 diabetic so wondering if this is okay? I also am under on my fat content, is this okay too? Just want to make sure I am making the right choices to set myself up for success! Thank you kindly - this site is amazing!

Breakfast

Fresh Fruit - Clemintine, 1 Clemintine
Fresh Fruit - Clemintine, 1 Clemintine
Astro Fat Free Zero - Yogurt, 100 g
Kellogg's Special K - Red Berries, 1 cup (31g)

Lunch

Wonder+ (Canada - 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 1 slices (75g)
Pc Blue Menu (Cdn) - Cooked Turkey Breast Slices, 1 slices (60g)
Pc Blue Menu (Cdn) - Cooked Turkey Breast Slices, 1 slices (60g)
Kraft Singles - (Canada) Fat Free Cheese Slices, 1 slice 30 2 0
Hellmans Mayo With Olive Oil (- Mayo With Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Green Giant Valley Selections - Baby Blend Vegetables, 1 cup
Dole Classic Iceberg Lettuce - Salad-Ice Berg Lettuce Mix With Carrots and Red Cabbage, 1 Cups
No Name - Caesar Dressing, 1 tbsp (15 mL)

Dinner
Dairyland - Cottage Cheese - Fat Free, 1/2 cup
Family Tradition - Prince Edward Medley Mixed Vegetables Frozen, 2 cup 1
Great Value ( - Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless 112 g (4 oz),

Snacks

morn- Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)
Kraft Canada - Crunchy Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp

after- Carrots and broccoli - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
Laughing Cow - Laughing Cow Light Cheese, 1 wedge

eve- Snacks - Popcorn, air-popped, white popcorn, 2 cup

Totals 1,209 carbs- 164 fat-26 protein- 82
Your Daily Goal 1,200 165 40 45
Remaining -9 1 14 -37

Replies

• sillybeachgirl
    Options
    few things, add milk in the am, choose a "whole grain" bread vs whole wheat, they are different whole grain is made with the whole grain. Loose the singles and go for real low fat cheese, I really like light swizz, provolone, or mozzarella. They are the lowest in calories and taste great. the processed stuff is terrible for your health. I would also stay away from processed dressing, try and choose one that has as few ingredients as possible, or try humus or even better make your own salad dressing with olive oil, garlic, and a splash of soya sauce. I would add some fat, but stick to the "good" fats, try putting a 1/4 avocado in your turkey sandwich, natural nuts are good, and olive oil. Also swift to natural peanut butter, it has a lot less sugar and crap that you don't want. You are doing really good and keep up the good work. Learn all you can about nutrition, there is so much to know. but really, try and eat 'real" food as much as possible :)
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    thanks! Great tips! I know there are a few things that I could replace with more natural (and I will :) ) I am just getting a hang of this new lifestyle and will make the switches as I gain more confidence with myself. I appreciate your answer. I also added a few hundred more calories. Chasing after a toddler all day and 1200 cals was just not cutting it lol thanks again!