sugar sugar sugar!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I didnt read all the posts, BUT , I cook my steel cut oatmeal on Sunday AM for the week. then each AM I heat up 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal , add a bit of water, ( I do this while making me son's lunch, My lunch, and my snacks) I throw in some stevia , cinnamon, sometimes a banana, and eat while still making these lunches. I spend about 20 mins in the kitchen in the am, not bad for , My breakfast, My two snacks, MY lunch, My sons lunch. that is 5 mins a meal, I think that is do able.
    I am the first to agree with you about time management, no matter how early I wake up, I always seem to be running late, but I know what time I have to be in the kitchen by to get all this done.

Good luck !!
  • jlking
    jlking Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sugar hasn't really been a problem for me. However, sodium is a killer for me. I can't find a way to beat it.472449.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    This is a South Beach Diet recipe. Low carb and sugar. You can make a batch and freeze them. In the morning, pop 2 in the micro and eat on the go. You can add all different kinds of veggies, mix it up and create your own recipe once you get the hang of making them.

Vegetable Quiche Cups

Need: Foil baking cups, muffin tin, cooking spray, oven

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup liquid egg substitute - I used Nulaid ReddiEgg real egg product which is produced with egg whites and is pasteurized so there is no salmonella risk. It is cholesterol and fat free. You could also use 3 large whole eggs or 3/4 cup egg whites.
    1 package frozen chopped spinach (10 oz.)
    3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese - any kind of your choice. I used some cheddar and some mozzerella.
    1/4 cup diced red or green peppers or mixture of both
    1/4 cup diced onions
    A couple shots of Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce, if desired, to taste.
    Salt to taste - with the cheese, these don't need much added salt, but I like things salty and so I added a half teaspoon of salt.

Heat oven to 350F
    Line 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray the cups with the cooking spray.
    Thaw and drain spinach - I wring it out well in my hand.
    Mix the spinach, egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, hot pepper sauce, salt in a bowl.
    Fill the foil cups with the mixture.
    Bake at 350F or 20 minutes, testing so that a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
    Remove from cups to serve.

Nutrition:
    77 calories
    5 grams fat - which includes 2 g. saturated, 3 g mono
    10 mg cholesterol
    3 grams carbohydrate
    9 grams protein
    2 grams fiber
    160 mg sodium
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    This is a South Beach Diet recipe. Low carb and sugar. You can make a batch and freeze them. In the morning, pop 2 in the micro and eat on the go. You can add all different kinds of veggies, mix it up and create your own recipe once you get the hang of making them.

Vegetable Quiche Cups

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup liquid egg substitute - I used Nulaid ReddiEgg real egg product which is produced with egg whites and is pasteurized so there is no salmonella risk. It is cholesterol and fat free. You could also use 3 large whole eggs or 3/4 cup egg whites.
    3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese - any kind of your choice. I used some cheddar and some mozzerella.
    1/4 cup diced onions
    Salt to taste - with the cheese, these don't need much added salt, but I like things salty and so I added a half teaspoon of salt.

Heat oven to 350F
    Line 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray the cups with the cooking spray.
    Mix the spinach, egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, hot pepper sauce, salt in a bowl.
    Bake at 350F or 20 minutes, testing so that a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Nutrition:
    77 calories
    10 mg cholesterol
    3 grams carbohydrate
    9 grams protein
    2 grams fiber
    160 mg sodium

Thanks WannbeaCullen!!!!! I will try this and see how it works for me. I like quiche so I don't think it will be hard to eat it and i can just pop it in the micro while I put my shoes on...
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Blend a tub of vanilla yogurt with half a cup of canned pumpkin till it's smooth and put it in a travel mug. If you're as lazy about dishes as I am, use a stick blender and mix it IN your travel mug so you don't have to dirty your blender. If it's too thick add a little water.

You can add cinnamon and or nutmeg - lots other spices what ever you like! GREAT taste and if you use low sugar yogurt you'll be way below your sugar allowance for the day!

You can do this the night before too :)
  • kmarquez
    Options

Vegetable Quiche Cups

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup diced onions

Heat oven to 350F

Nutrition:
    77 calories
    10 mg cholesterol
    3 grams carbohydrate
    9 grams protein
    2 grams fiber
    160 mg sodium

These sound so good! Is the nutrition info for 2 or is it 77 calories for 1 quiche?
  • simmonsntz
    Options
    Okay...Its been my experience that a lot of the weight loss/getting into shape/liking who you are is about changing habits. I was very set in mine and didn't want to change. Subsequently, its taken 6 years to lose 39.6 pounds.

Yep, it sounds like you have time management issues. But I don't live your life, you do. Take a look at your overall schedule and be realistic with yourself. Write down what your goals are and what individual steps you need to take to achieve those goals. This is a very powerful experience...don't skip it!

My goals were to be a healthier, happier me and to create an environment that was peaceful and health for my kids.
    My steps were:
    -I had to start getting up 15 min earlier every morning so I could make my kids a healthier breakfast. I eat (Oatmeal with Splenda) when I get to work but realized I was filling them with sugar and rushing them out the door frantically every morning so I could sleep 15 min!
    -I worked with my boss to change the hours I work so I could be home more with my kids but still work 40 hours and be at the office when I'm needed. This "change" took two years of negotiation!
    -Exercise everyday for me and the kids.
    -Healthy, low sugar, limited refined food for me and the kids. This means meal planning and shopping ahead of time...way ahead!
    -Working on my relationship with God so that I stay on the track He wants me on.

So, evaluate whats the MOST important to you and then make it happen. There were enough great breakfast ideas on here to try a different one every day or every week until you find the right one for you.

You can do anything you set your mind to....but remember we set our minds on the wrong things all too often.

Good luck!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    ]

These sound so good! Is the nutrition info for 2 or is it 77 calories for 1 quiche?

Its 77 cals for two!