New, unsure and needing motivation!

MrsG2
MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
Hi! I'm 40 and I've been overweight for half of my life. However....I've always been happy with who I am. Lately, though, I've become unhappy. I'm up to 250lbs and I am uncomfortable with me. Ideally, I'm working on losing 75 lbs or so. Weight isn't the big issue with me, it's more the feeling that I don't want to have to put a sweater on to cover myself up. I work an 8-5 desk job that can be mentally tasking. I am in good health, no diabetes, cholesterol or HBP (or other health) issues, but I am lazy. When I get off of work I'm tired. I go home, make dinner, play with the dog, throw a load of laundry in, put my jammies on and enjoy a glass of wine and tv before I go to bed. Hit repeat on that for Monday thru Friday. The weekends are usually jam packed with lots of stuff, but because of the craziness, my husband and I tend to eat out on Friday & Saturday nights. We like food. My husband has never said anything to me about my weight, and I love him for that, but I need to fix this. I want to love me again. I'm a big believer in MODERATION for everything. I don't want to go extreme...no cutting out my beloved medium rare rib-eye, but maybe I should only eat 8 oz instead of 16...that's how I'll be facing my task. Will that work? I don't know. I'd love to have friends who can show me the way!!

Replies

• Hayy girl! I'm in the same boat, I don't like the feeling of having to cover myself up with a sweater. I've tried fad diets, but they don't work.. so now I am just aiming to be healthier. Making better food choices and cutting down bit by bit, slowly but surely. It's too hard for me to eat a tiny amount of calories and stick to it. So I'm decreasing slowly, and slowly adding exercise into the mix.. It does work! I do see the difference, even if it's slow, it's a life style change I have time to adjust to:) Good luck!