Help! Can't seem to get the scale to move

toribug
toribug Posts: 41 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been working out since April and I have lost 40lbs. But I think I have hit a plateau. I kicked up my workouts but that hasn't helped. I am 38, 5'2 1711lbs wear a size 12 and want to get into an 8 and weigh 135. I currently eat 1400 cal and eat my exercise cal. I am not good with numbers and that may be were the problem is. I try to work out 3-5 days a week Example: 50min spin class on Sun, Monday 30min boot camp at lunch and 50min spin at dinner, Tues Kickboxing/Pump class 50 min and 15 min core class wed. Kickboxing 30 min and spin at night 50 min , thurs boot camp 50min and 30min spin class fri rest, sat rest or bootcamp and sun 50 min spin - Can someone help me lose the rest I have a cruise to go on in May and want to look great

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Maybe now that you're substantially lighter you will have to adjust your calorie requirement down, since with less weight you won't burn as many calories? I, too am about your height, and even though my job requires moderate activity (I rarely sit down and often move enough to sweat a little for short periods of time), my calorie requirements were calculated at just under 1300 a day.
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    WOW, that's some serious exercise! Good for you! :happy:

How are your measurements progressing? I know I can go 2 weeks without a bump in the scale but still be losing inches.

Also, because we're women, your cycle could have something to do with the plateau. Or any other hormone imbalance, not just cycle-related ones. I'd say, if you feel healthy, give it another week to 10 days and continue to challenge yourself with new exercises. If you remain on the plateau after 2 weeks and aren't seeing a change in your measurements, I'd have a quick chat with your doctor. It could be thyroid-related. It could be vitamin deficiency-related. It could be a myriad of things, none of them life-threatening, but all of them annoying if they prevent you from losing weight! lol
  • SnakePlissken
    SnakePlissken Posts: 34 Member
    2 suggestions.
    If you look at your exercise, everything you do is cardio.
    If you want to kick start your exercise replace 2 of your cardio workouts with weight based resistance exercise. Where cardio helps you burn fat, resistance will help you build muscle and lose fat. Start with some total body weight work. Look up Punch kettlebells. They have gyms all over and KB's are some of the shortest most brutally effective workouts you could do for weight loss.
    If that's not for you just get a trainer to give you a regular lifting routine. Don't be afraid of it. Weights and women really rock.

Diet.
    To jump start your weight loss pound vegetables. I mean double or triple the amount you are presently eating. They will fill you up with small amounts of cals, replace some other things you're eating and clean you out.
This discussion has been closed.