Looking at pictures of yourself...

Options
is SO hard... but is it EVER motivating. Just when I thought I was starting to slide a little... I was cleaning up my PC and found some terrible documentation!

Anybody else find it to be a motivator?

Replies

• Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    those are the times when I actually saw myself and realized how fat I had become. For some reason, I just didn't see it in the mirror, or the huge sizes of clothes I was wearing- like thinking I wasn't as fat as I actually was (and still am). But, I'm working on it now, and the more I lose and feel successful, the more I feel like I can actually do it. :)
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey!!! Sometimes all it takes is one little thing.... I tricked myself.. i thought, I love who I am no matter what... which I do.. the difference now is that I love who I am ENOUGH to not be fat anymore :D

Everyone here is so motivating!! I love MFP! Keep up the good work!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    thanks! You too, I'm so excited this time around, I've achieved a lot on my own, and with this site. it really does help. If I counted the numbers on the scale today (normally weigh on Tuesday, but did weigh today, since Tuesday I weighed a few times and got different numbers) I would be at over a 10% loss since I started, which is SUPER COOL, and something I could never quite achieve in Weight Watchers. I guess with all the support here, and from work, it's keeping me successful.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Looking at pictures of myself motivates me so much. They are just so embarrassing. Getting tagged on Facebook in pictures where I look three times bigger than all my friends is so embarrassing, I don't want to be that girl in the photo. Pictures of myself when I had lost weight before also motivate me. I didn't reach my goal weight but I looked great, especially compared to now. They really inspire me to try and get to at least that point again because I felt great!
  • bebhinn
    Options
    Looking at pictures of myself motivates me so much. They are just so embarrassing. Getting tagged on Facebook in pictures where I look three times bigger than all my friends is so embarrassing, I don't want to be that girl in the photo. Pictures of myself when I had lost weight before also motivate me. I didn't reach my goal weight but I looked great, especially compared to now. They really inspire me to try and get to at least that point again because I felt great!

Oh my! I know.. i can't wait until I don't have to go around UN-tagging myself in the photos and I have to go around TAGGING my hot self in my new ones!

Keep up the battle.. one pound at a time we will all get there!!
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It'll be a great feeling eh? haha. And yes, we will all get there! Good luck!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I don't have any pics of myself, last one is from about 6 years ago :(
  • bebhinn
    Options
    You should make it your goal then, or reward rather, to get like a mini "shoot" done when you meet your target!
    I don't know where you live but I'd do it if you were close :D