2 pumpkin patches, 58 lbs before and after

Options
pinuplove
pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
I logged my first meal on MFP on Wednesday, November 9, 2011. I had actually joined in January, but never got off the ground. I weighed 198 pounds, at 5'4" and was simultaneously in denial and incredibly unhappy about how overweight I had let myself become. While I had struggled with my weight somewhat for the last decade, I usually topped out around 175, however in 2010 I spiraled far beyond that, my low point being when I weighed in over 200 at the doctor's office.

I, like so many of us, avoided cameras like the plague during my heaviest time. Several months into my weight loss journey last year, my husband came across a picture he had cornered me in - I mean taken of me - on a hayride with our youngest son around Halloween, 2010, and forwarded it to me. He then apologized, profusely, for not noticing my weight gain (to be fair, he didn't notice my loss either, until I became confident enough in my ability to succeed to share it with him).

Here is that pic:

DanaIanhayride.jpg

I was approximately at my highest weight there, and maintained that for another year before seriously dedicating myself to a return to a healthy weight and relationship with food and activity.

Today, after my beginning at MFP almost a year ago, taking into account a long break around the holidays followed by a re-dedication in January, and 292 straight days logged in, I reached my initial goal weight of 140 pounds. I would still like to lose another 10 pounds, or move from my current size 8 to a size 6, I'll take either, lol! But I'm happier and healthier by leaps and bounds than I was a year ago, and I no longer avoid pictures with my kids :smile:

From the Halloween 2012 pumpkin patch trip, with the same son (who has grown almost as much as I've shrunk!):

Hay2012-1.jpg

Replies

• wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Happy 1 yr and you have made amazing progress!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    BAM WOW! LOOK AT THAT PUMPKIN PATCH!

Just kidding

Seriously though, wow! Good on you! You've reached your goal and everything at this point haven't you?

Thats really awesome.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!! That is amazing, what a difference. You look fabulous, congrats :)
  • RebsOnTheRocks
    Options
    AMAZING job! Way to get'r done!!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3 you have done *SO* well, my friend! <3<3<3
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job getting to the new you. You look amazing and are setting a great example for your son!
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - Congratulations on your continued success!!!
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You have much to be proud of! Great job, and congratulations!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Awwwww Cape stole my BAM!

But you've done amazingly and kudos on the Lego Batman t shirt, but mostly props to you :happy:
  • golfingprincess
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing, you totally inspire me!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! And a good inspiration for me on a day I really needed some inspiration!
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Awesome results! So happy for you!
  • carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing. You look great. :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Even with your jacket on in the 'after' picture the difference is amazing. Great job!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    oh honey! I'm super-duper proud of you!!! You've gone through a lot to get here (damned ankles eh?) but you pushed through it, and got it done!

You are smokin' hot - I can't wait to see your first pin up dress pics!

xoxoxoxoxo
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you look great and keep up the amazing job that you have worked hard for. Thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!