not giving in

Options
HELP! I just found out I probably won't be able to do IVF and I'm really sad about it, and I have lost 18 pounds so far, but now I just want to eat everything...Snickers blast, vanilla milkshake, chocolate cake, things I haven't eaten in weeks....I just want somebody to tell me to stay on the straight and narrow I guess, and maybe give me some alternative snack suggestions so I won't go hog wild but still curb the cravings. thanks, suthrnbel68

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    So sorry about the bad news! I hear you - I'm stressed too and the doughnuts are really tempting me so I'm on here distracting myself and printing exercise plans off. LOL - seems to be working for me! If you can go for a walk/run/swim or whatever it is you do for exercise - or just a walk if you don't yet. Don't stuff the mouth - it won't help and you will just feel more miserable afterward. Do some journaling about your feelings, find a friend to talk to anything. Hope things get better for you! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way - Kim
  • marybeth3071
    Options
    I have found that eating an orange when I am craving something sweet helps.
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    DONT GIVE IN!!! you can deffenitly do it, youve done it before if youve managed to lose that much weight.

If you go and eat those things your going to feel bad about it after and your body is probably not going to feel its best

have a snack that mixes something healthy with something good.

my favorite is
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
    1 apples cut up, sprinkled with splenda n cinnamon and you put it in the microwave or on the stove until its soft, and eat it with the icecream
    it likes a 200 calorie apple pie.
  • breezy62
    Options
    Hi, I just started this weight loss 3 days ago. I am very motivated and looking for someone to stay on track with! I am trying to loose about 15 lbs to be my ideal weight. I have lost 1 in the past 2 days, so I guess I am on the right track. I hear loosing with a buddy makes it more fun and alot easier to do. Congratulations on your success so far! Keep up the good work! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • izbet106
    izbet106 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are sad. I don't blame you for wanting to go for the "good" stuff, and more importantly I am SOOO proud of you for deciding to go another route. You seem to be a very strong woman

One of my favorite snacks is cottage cheese with strawberries and a few chocolate chips. YUMMM!!!!
  • simmonsntz
    Options
    Its okay to tell your very own self what you need to hear. Look yourself right in the eye (mirror) and say I can do this. I will do this. And watch how much better you feel. In the words of Winston Churchill...Never, never, never, never, never give up.