Cancelling my gym membership!

Options
TracyV
TracyV Posts: 14 Member
And yes, for me that's a good thing.

A couple years ago I bought a stationary bike for at home thinking it would help me get in shape because I hated the idea of going and working out with a bunch of strangers... and, like I'm sure happens to a lot of at-home exercise equipment, it became a dust collector. So last fall I decided to get motivated and signed up for a membership at the Y with the idea that the "i paid for it so i better use it" principle would keep me going. And it did, I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for the past few months.

Since signing up for MFP a few weeks ago I've been even more motivated to get exercise, but the idea of going out in the cold, and driving to a busy gym where I don't know what equipment will be available has gotten less and less appealing and my bike at home has gotten a lot more use. My boyfriend and I are getting a wii and wii fit for ourselves for Valentines in a few weeks (ok not very romantic lol, but it's what we both want). Plus spring is coming and I'll be able to get outside more even if it's just to walk to the corner store or whatever. Anyways I have finally gotten to the point that I don't need to pay $40 a month for motivation...I get it for free right here on MFP! Looking forward to having that extra money every month...and if I find I need more to add to my at-home workout then I can save that extra cash for more equipment/new running shoes/wii games/etc. And if I ever lose that motivation for some reason I can always sign back up at the Y but hopefully I can keep it up on my own now.

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I have the Wii and the Wii Active (not the Fit)...I really like it.

Good luck!
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    what is the difference between the fit and active for the wii?? I have the fit, should I get the other one??? If you need workout on a crappy weather day, I am sure you could always just pay for a day at the gym??? I have come to LOVE the gym, but its not for everyone....whatever you do....good luck!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats great girl! You can run outside too when the weathers good... glad to see your on track :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • mouton161
    Options
    I like to use the Wii fit as a warm-up and for strength training and then jump on the elliptical at our house for cardio. If you have a laptop, try using Hulu to watch tv shows that match the length of the workout you want on the bike. I have found I can even do an hour on the elliptical if I am watching a tv show that is long enough. (desperate housewives to name one) Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!