Personal Trainer new to the site...

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to this site. I have begun recommending it to all of my clients! I also have been trying to keep up with mine as well so my clients and also keep track of me and my fitness goals. I am always happy to give anyone advice on exercise or nutrition...so please feel free to send me a message!

Replies

• tmzana
    tmzana Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering when the best time to exercise is? I have been doing it around noon or so before I eat lunch since that is when my little boy goes down for a nap. Is this ok? or is it better to exercise in the morning?

Thanks
    Tonya
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Welcome...I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you. Maybe you can shed some light on some things. :) And yes this site rocks!
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site :)
  • ugadiva
    ugadiva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's funny ....... I was telling my PT about it today! It has really helped me focus on my calorie intake....which for me is the hardest and largest part of my whole fitness picture. The working out is surprisingly the easier part! Crazy...right? Hopefully your clients will like it! Thanks for offering to answer questions :o)
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome Wicked!

I am feeling so lousy right now. I only had two hours of sleep last night and I really feel like a loser. Do you have any advise on what exercises to do to wake me up and improve sleep pattern? I have been trying my best to stay awake since 6AM Eastern Time! Boohoo me!

Thanks!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    That's funny ....... I was telling my PT about it today! It has really helped me focus on my calorie intake....which for me is the hardest and largest part of my whole fitness picture. The working out is surprisingly the easier part! Crazy...right? Hopefully your clients will like it! Thanks for offering to answer questions :o)

Oh, me too! If it was just exercise alone that worked, I would be fine. It's the fact that I like food - and lots of it - that is the bigger problem!

Welcome, wicked fit!
  • jentx
    jentx Posts: 244
    Options
    Welcome Wicked!

I am feeling so lousy right now. I only had two hours of sleep last night and I really feel like a loser. Do you have any advise on what exercises to do to wake me up and improve sleep pattern? I have been trying my best to stay awake since 6AM Eastern Time! Boohoo me!

Thanks!

I am not a personal trainer but I can tell you what helps me. On Wednesday nights I go to the gym straight from work and do an hour kickboxing class followed by an hour of spin class. At first I was dying but now I really look forward to my wednesdays because by the time I get home, shower and eat dinner I'm super tired and always sleep amazingly on those nights.

Not sure if that would work for you as I've heard some people saying night workouts giving them more energy keeping them awake at night.

HTH :flowerforyou:
  • ellen2111
    Options
    Hi, just joined the site and my real problem is starting an exercise regime, help where do I begin?
  • nurseandi
    Options
    welcome!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    TMZANA, I am not a personnal Trainer or expert by any stretch of the imagination, but in my opinion, the best time to exercise is the time that you WILL do it and are able to be consistant. I don't think any time of day is 'better' or worse, than another.
    But that is just an opinion from me, a newby as far as exercise and fitness are concerned.:laugh:
  • ambersfrog
    Options
    welcome!! looks like you are going to be bombarded with questions!!! I'm going to add to the list :happy:

so, i ( like most people ) have a crazy schedule. i have a 2 yr old little girl with cystic fibrosis who requires a lot of at home treatments and just all around attention all the time. i also have a wonderful 5 yr old who loves to help, but between that and work and just the everyday grind i have not been taking care of myself as well as i would like. i'm not gonna lie, before i had my last daughter, i didnt exercise regularly but i know that my activity level has decreased and i stress out which i know doesnt help. i have just recently started going to the gym during the only time i have available which happens to be at 10 pm. i'm wondering if this is an ok time to workout? i dont know if time of day matters but it is my only option. i've also noticed that i am not able to sleep very well and am thinking that that could be counter productive. i know i need to be more active but dont know if this night workout is right for me. any suggestions?
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenna! Thank you for your feedback. i think you may be right. I do work out towards late afternoon to early evening which may be why i am still pumped up even when it's time for me to go to bed... hhmmmm