Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
2 15 ounce cans of pumpkin
1 packages sugar free fat free chocolate pudding (not mixed up)
1/2 small tub of cool whip free

Mix pumpkin with pudding mix, fold in cool whip!
Makes 5 fiber packed servings at 134 calories a piece! I've been eating this like twice a day for 3 or 4 days. I love it :)

Replies

• laurenk182004
    Options

Makes 5 fiber packed servings at 134 calories a piece! I've been eating this like twice a day for 3 or 4 days. I love it :)
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, gonna try it myself!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds great! Thanks Lauren.:smile:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    YUM! And easy, too!

Thanks!
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    I am definitely trying this!!! One of my favorite (off-limits) recipes is pumpkin bread made with coconut milk, and chocolate chips! It is decadent, moist, and absolutely loaded with calories!!!!
    Thanks so much. :happy:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Wow a recipe with real food that I would eat!!! No way!!. AWESOME THANKS:wink:

Also, have you already entered this into the database?
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    No, I didn't enter it..lol I just look up canned pumpkin and put in 1.6 cups b/c it equals 133 calories, which in my book was close enough... I was a little too lazy to figure it all out, but I will! When my baby goes down for the night I'll add all the nutrition info up and add it to the database. I'm glad so many of you r going to try it, it's a pretty filling snack. I usually have one in the morning between breakfast and lunch and one at night after dinner :) Sometimes I add somemore cool whip on top, but only if I am doing good on calories for the day. Let me know how you all like it! I've got an idea for a pumpkin bread, but I want to experiment b4 posting :) I love pumpkin!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Okie dokie, it's all entered in! I did it while taylor was resting...lol
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Okie dokie, it's all entered in! I did it while taylor was resting...lol

Thank you so much!!! I love pumpkin also. I make a really yummy pumpkin bread with the big chocolate chips. It is so good, but I don't think that it is too healthy. I'll have to figure the value of it. I am so excited to try this recipe of yours though. Thanks again!!! Heidi:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

I was at the store today and picked up the ingredients, but I was confused on the chocolate pudding and picked up[instant pudding :embarassed: will that work?
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Yup, sorry I didn't specify, that is what I used :) Let me know how you like it. It's definately not for "low carbers" but it tastes yummy!
  • julie737
    Options
    I made this yesterday and had one serving right then and another this morning. It was even better the second time! I added about 1-2 tsp of Splenda to my individual serving to add a little bit more sweetness. What can I say, I have a sweet tooth! :wink:

Thanks for the great recipe!

Julie
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Hey, I'm so glad you liked it. After I posted it I got a little concerned that maybe it was just me that would like it. lol It also is pretty tasty if you use butterscotch flavored pudding instead :)
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    This is delicious! I added "Pumpkin Pie Spice" and it really added a good flavor- I think it's cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg.
    Also- I used sugar free, fat free NON- instant by accident and it's fine!

Do any of you add pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice to your oatmeal? That's really good too!

Thanks for the delicious, filling, low calorie, high fiber treat!!!!
  • julie737
    Options
    I have white chocolate pudding--that might be good, too. I bet just about any flavor of pudding would be yummy!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    It's even yummier if u only use 1 can of pumpkin and a whle tub of cool whip...lol makes it 156 calories a serving instead though
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Do you use the small pkg of pudding or the bigger one?? Also do you thaw the cool whip first or keep it frozen??? Thanks!!!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    hey :) I wasn't aware there were different size boxes of pudding..lol the box i use is 1.4oz and yup, you do thaw out the coolwhip..I hope you like it!
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Thanks! I'm sure I'll love it!