newby:trying to get over the plateau!!

Options
Hi, I am new. 23 year old from suburban boston area. I have hit my plateau and see the weight slowly creeping up and up :( I lost 60 lbs when was 17/18 years old. my biggest was 220, my smallest was 138 and over a 2 year plateau I have no officially reached 152. Once i hit 150 i said "this is it" and here i am trying to make some changes to get me over this hump. I'm sick of my family saying "Oh, it's genetics, you'll never be thin" etc..etc.. Im sick of late night snacking. I'm sick of regreting and feeling guilty after i eat because it ends up not being worth it. I'm sick of choosing napping over going to the gym. These are just a few of the reasons, I could go on and on.
It has become clear to me that the way i lost weight in the past is not going to do it anymore. That was simply being a 17 year old healthy but overweight female with a raging metabolism who decided to eat healthier and exercise. Now i realize i need to eat SUPER extra healthy and exercise A LOT if i want to lose more weight.
Some people probably look at this as just superficial BS because I "only" 152lbs. at 5'1" that gives me a bmi of 28 point something(according to my wii). Yes, I'm not obese, but Yes I AM OVERWEIGHT. And when you've been obese for most of your life seeing the scale crawl back up is a super super scary thing!
I'm loving this website and looking forward to logging on multiple times a day. I even have the app on my iphone! it's awesome! friend requests are appreciated cause i love to read the blogs for motivation! :-) Good Luck!!

Replies

• lulubenmom
    Options
    I'd plateaued for a few months and tried working out harder - insanely even. 90 min intense cardio sessions x 4 plus 2 weight training sessions. I finally managed to start losing again by reducing cardio to only 2 x 20 min of average - easy intensity and reducing my carb's to only low glycemic vegetables eg zuchinni, tomato, asparagus, mushroom, onion, lettuce, pepper, cucumber etc and upping the lean protein. Feel free to check out my on-line diary. I started losing again once I did this. I still have a tendency to occasionally go nuts on the chocolate etc still.....

Oh and I bought a body bugg and it's been the greatest thing ever to tell you how many calories you actually burn all day.